DX200 alarm 4337 ovecurrent (AMP)

• A few months a go:
    We had a problem with a DX200, several times a day the following error came up:
    4337,OVERCURRENT(AMP),ROBOT1,[SLURBT],[000101],REMOTE(PLAY),
    The error occured for two axes at the same time. The R and T axis.
    We could not find a legit reason for this alarm.

In the end yaskawa replaced the Axes Control Circuit Board (SRDA-EAXA21A) with a new one.
    Problem solved. But they where not able to reproduce the error on the old board.
    We still dont know what caused the 4337 error.

Current time:
    An other DX200 panel with a MS80w and a external axis.
    We have the same error, but this time its the external axis.
    4337,OVERCURRENT(AMP),STATION1,[1],[1],REMOTE(PLAY),
    We disconnected and reconected al the cables in side the DX200 panel.

The robot make a production cycle that takes about 7 second. The error occures everytime at the same line of code.
    Error occures a few times a day. Some days more than others. And sometimes +- every 15 minutes.

At the moment i dont have a Axes Control Circuit Board (SRDA-EAXA21A) so i cant swap this one out yet.
    We switch the external axis servo pack with a pack of a robot axis.
    Problem stays with the external axis.

So i guess its the Axes Control Circuit Board, just as last time.
    Maybe someone had error 4337 on a DX200 and know the real reason of the error ?

Thanks

Marty

• Hello,

Could be a false contact in the wire harness or I dont know what type of external axis do you have but if this external axis has a hard stop make sure that the external axis dont press too much this hard stop you can check the specific torque in that line and make sure that is not high because after a while this alarm will show up.

Regards

Hero for fun, I'll help you when I'm bored.

• Had a different problem which gave me different alarms, but it was about EAXA21A board, and what Gilbailey10 is pointing at could be one of the reasons.
    I had this brand new DX200 which every now and then was going headsh*t with 2 alarms occurring after servo power was applied (AL1680, AL4379); found out later while checking harness and connectors on EAXA board, it was CN509 (plug side), which provides 2x24V to the board, and at least one of the pins was too loose so I hat to replace it.
    Pressing the DSW generates a vibration from the contactors which sometimes disconnected one of the 2 lines, losing dual channel operation and generating the alarms.

I would suggest to check all harness and connectors there on EAXA board and related connections to other boards before replacing it; keep in mind that Yaskawa can't really reproduce all errors because sometimes it's a superposition of effects and things going on at the same time or with a specific timing, they were not able in any case to reproduce the error I experienced until I told 'em what was the problem.

• The external axis is a drive from yaskawa drive and motions. Afther 4 hours of production without any problem, the maximum torque of the axis is 66 %
    Not extreame at all.

Will check the wire harness once more.

@ varda, what do you mean by "DSW" ?

• DSW means Dedman Switch.

And Well First of all this alarm could be caused for several things starting for the servomotor you need to check if is not overheated ,check the brake is realesing ok, (in your case the torque is ok so no problem with this) review the 2BC cable to this servomotor check the pins of the conectors, and then we go back to the amplifier or converter or EAXB21 bord. I think this must be a false contact somewhere or overheated servo, when you have a problem with a board you are not able to work due the alarm won't reset until you replace the board with the problem.

Regards.

Hero for fun, I'll help you when I'm bored.

• I had the same alarm: 4337 OVERCURRENT(AMP) for external axis (servogun). It was always in the same move instruction.
    I the begining we change SRDA-xxxxx) also, but after 1-2 day error occurs again.

Check ShockSensorLevel (file no. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: and add 10-15% to each axes, please. Is valid? If alarm will occur again (in the same point) reduce the speed in this point.
    I did it in our robot one month ago, and at the moment is OK.
    Regards.

• Hi Guys,

We have the same error for DX200 controller at the same point of the robot program but for the S5 servo gun.

4337,OVERCURRENT(AMP),S(5),REMOTE(PLAY)

It is noticed that robot just moved from the start position and S5 servo gun has same pulse value for this program.

Servo Pack and control board has been replaced but the issue continues. It happened only once or twice per 24 hours. That makes it hard to troubleshooting.

Any thoughts?

B Lee

• On a servo gun it could be the harness. The controller is not seeing an appropriate rate of change in the encoder value. The amplifier sends more current out to get it to go. Still, the controller doesn't see the rate of change and sends more current, eventually to the point the amp is maxed out.

Since it is the same position look at the harness orientation, does it looked pinched or pulled somewhere. At that position you could have someone turn on servos in teach and someone to jiggle the crap out of the cables.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Could also be the brakes not releasing. Turn on servos in Teach with your hand on the encoder. Feel for the click.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I just wanted to add to this thread as I had the same Alarm 4337 happen specific to the B Axis, as well as a simultaneous "Alarm 4313 Serial Encoder Over Heat Axis B"

After removing the cover on the gun arm that reveals the servo motor for B Axis, the encoder was almost too hot to touch. We replaced the servo amplifier for the B Axis (top middle in the pack of 6 in our case). Fired the robot back up and while the Encoder Over Heat alarm was now gone (the motor also wasn't getting hot anymore), the over current alarm remained.

Our next best guess was that all the heat cooked that motor while the bad servo amplifier was still in the cabinet. We installed a refurbished motor and that was the end of our problems, just had to re-home the B Axis. Hope this helps someone someday!

Advertising from our partners