DX200 Strange behavior while loading jobs

• Hi people, hope anybody can make this clear..

As title says, I'm trying to load .jbi files (standard Robot Jobs) to the controller, so I mark the files I want to load, hit enter, hit yes, and the controller freezes for a couple of seconds, then I get "DX200 pendant disconnected" with the blue background, and hitting "OK" or doing nothing makes it reboot anyway; while it's booting again, I have two red LEDs lit solid near the rotary switch on the YIO21 board, and when boot is completed it outputs 3 alarms:

ALARM 0020 [50] - CPU COMMUNICATION ERROR
    ALARM 1865 [105] - M-SAF I/O BOARD COMM ERROR
    ALARM 1876 [102] - M-SAF I/O BOARD WATCHDOG ERROR

Alarms occur only if I try to load again the same files, turning power off and on again restores the system but I'm stuck here.
    Sub code of 1865 says it could be either a failure in YSF21 or YSF22, while sub code of 1876 says "An error in channel 1 of YSF22 board was detected by CPU1 of YSF21 board".

I'm waiting for a response regarding the sub codes from Yaskawa, it's weird that transferring .jbi files triggers communication alarms.
    I checked all cables and connections mentioned in the alarm list but I have no clue about what's happening.

Any suggestion?

• Update

Tried the same thing on another controller (I have 3 identical DX200 w/MH180), I'm getting the same alarms.... Syntax errors aren't coming up :hmmm:

I create empty robot jobs, transfer them to USB, using NPP I edit and add the code, and then transfer back to the controller.. is there something I'm missing? ???

• This happened to me recently on a DX100, unfortunately I never pinpointed the exact cause, other than I had some syntax or data error in my hand edits. I'm racking my brain trying to remember what might have been my issue, but I was making lots of changes to a rather large code base at the time. :stupid: I may have been trying to use a local variable that had not been allocated? I ended up having to modify the job via the pendant.

I would try adding a small section of your code in the text editor, and then load the job. Repeat until you get the error, that may help you find the exact line that the pendant crashes on.

• Now that you mention it, maybe I have one of those jobs with 2 LBs.. gonna check right away..
    but that doesn't explain why I get "Pendant Disconnection" all the times :bawling:

• SOLVED! I'm a f*****g idiot I forgot an empty line in the code :stupid: :wallbash:

Besides, I was used to DX100's syntax in structured language, in DX200 "IFTHEN" is "IFTHENEXP" (EXP=expression I suppose) and so AND is ANDEXP, OR is OREXP. Also WHILE was changed to WHILEEXP.
    I was writing lines using old syntax.
    Still, no syntax errors coming out :mad:

Advertising from our partners