Basics: Roboguide

• Hello Fanuc forum!

Im fairly new to robotics (still studying mechanical engineering) and a company hiring me are buying Fanuc R2000iA 165F robot. I've downloaded Roboguide I've came across one problem: inserting a drawing from Solidworks/AutoCAD. After inserting the drawing it appears to be invisible or 2D(DXF file). Could anyone land a helping hand for a beginner? :help:

Kind regards,
    Tadas

EDIT: We've managed to solve the problem!

Edited once, last by Tadas ().

• After the previous problem we came across to another one.

How to define center point (coordinate axis position) of inserted drawing/part, because it appears to be somewhat random. Thank you for taking your time to answer this question!

Kind regards,
    Tadas

• Welcome to the forum
    The Parts origin NOT definable, when the CAD model is loaded the origin and axis orientation is taken from the model itself.
    SO you must take this into account when modelling your geometries:
    The origin of your CAD model would be the origin of the part when loaded in roboguide
    I usually model the tool so as the origin is exactly at the insertion point, that way the distance from the tool plate is 0 :dance2:
    It is advisable, but NOT necessary though to have a good origin, at the end you can re-locate the parts WHERE you need them.
    Roboguide has many locating functions that allow you to move part relative to another part.

• Thanks for taking time to answer!

Is there any material where the functions would be written? How to call macros, how to position the parts relatively to one another and etc.? Something like a manual/video guides in english.

Kind regards,
    Tadas

• Thanks for taking time to answer!

Is there any material where the functions would be written? How to call macros, how to position the parts relatively to one another and etc.? Something like a manual/video guides in english.

Kind regards,
    Tadas

I imagine you've already looked there, but Ive actually found a few useful videos on Youtube. I see you specifically said English, because for some reason there seems to be even more useful videos on YT that look helpful, but they are unfortunately in Spanish.

• That is true, I've seen some videos in spanish but I can only track them as on what they do with the robot without understanding a single word.. Unless you have some videos with specific spanish title, that might still help us.

In any case, after spending some quality time with the program we've started to understand it but at the same time, we still have some simiiar problems. For example: how to create a fixture that could be moved. (I'll explain this: We have a palette with some parts on it and the robot has to take them off, then lift and move the palette to another place.) Defining the palette as a fixture lets us add blocks on it and put them in an array, but if we (?) define the palette as a part we fail to add blocks on it. Is there any way we could define palette as a part and have the ability to add the "blocks" on it as parts as well so that roboguide would work with those parts. (?) (Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, It's kind of hard to express myself properly)

• Here goes a tip on the practical use of roboguide:

Define a virtual fixture: a sphere for example, very small, o make it invisible
    The key is to define a (fixture) coordinate system
    then load the pallet and parts on the fixture, that way you can move both in your simulation

• Working further one we came to another problem while writing a combined program for various userframes(further: UF). When loading the program on TP it stops working around specific point where the UF is different. What might be the problem and how could we fix that? (I have added the example of the program)

4: UTOOL_NUM[GP1]=2 ;
    5: UFRAME_NUM[GP1]=3 ;

:J P[11413] 10% FINE ;
    :L P[1413] 20mm/sec FINE ;
    :L P[11413] 20mm/sec FINE ;
    :CALL K3T;

: UFRAME_NUM[GP1]=2 ;
    :J P[21112] 10% FINE ;
    :L P[2112] 2000mm/sec FINE ;
    :L P[21112] 2000mm/sec FINE ;
    :CALL L1T;

:CALL Uf1kalt;

: UFRAME_NUM[GP1]=3
    :J P[31101] 100% FINE ;
    :L P[3101] 2000mm/sec FINE ;
    :L P[3101] 2000mm/sec FINE ;

Another question. In the section where coordinates are written(in the notepad) in a program there's configs ('CONFIG...') and few letters and numbers besides it. We've found that they change when we change 'flip', 'unflip', 'up' etc under 'current position' tab in TP. The question would be what exactly do they mean/do and how do they work?

And the third question would be about "registry" in a program. We want to write an if condition where it would only read few lines and skip all of the other ones. Then come back to this macro and skip the first one and read only the second one. To do so we've an idea using LBL to number the few lines and JUMP to jump to the end of a program to the registry thing. The idea is this: we call a macro, it reads few lines where the LBL is 0, then jumps to the end (LBL 999) and the register the number R[1]=R[1]+1 so it becomes 1. After that, we do some other macros, call this one again, an IF condition at the start reads the registry number and sends us to specific LBL. How does the Registry part work? And does this logic work on roboguide language.

All the help is appreciated! Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Tadas

Edited once, last by Tadas ().

• Another question. In the section where coordinates are written(in the notepad) in a program there's configs ('CONFIG...') and few letters and numbers besides it. We've found that they change when we change 'flip', 'unflip', 'up' etc under 'current position' tab in TP. The question would be what exactly do they mean/do and how do they work?

Here is a YouTube video that discusses Config.

Here

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

Advertising from our partners