Cubic S undocumented Error Code

• Hello,

both our CUBIC S modules on our E71 controllers put out a C0 error code. We cannot use the robots unless we manually bridge the following pins on the X7 connector:

1 to 2
    3 to 4
    5 to 6
    7 to 8

This overrides the Cubic-S module.

None of the documentations we have document an error code like C0. We hypothesize that the CubicS module is erroneously configured, but we would like to know mroe before we proceed to reconfiguring it. Does anyone know more ?

• Hmmm well I never knew Kawasaki provided the correct harnesses for E7x series let alone made provisions for the Cubic-S Module to be mounted inside the Controller and mounting area for the override button..... ???

Can you double check with your distributor and clarify this is indeed possible as according to documentation I have the E7x series is not included (as attached - Preface of Manual and Page 2 of Cubic-S brochure) but Kawasaki may have introduced E7x Series compatibility since, also the lowest variant of robot model I think was RS006L from memory).

- I am very surprised that your distributor has not gone through any product induction/training/connection/configuration for this, as it is a safety device - specifically the preface/specifications/requirements/installation details for Cubic-S prior to purchase - if you are to be installing it yourself.
    - Usually Kawasaki supply a Controller with Cubic-S already installed and a default configuration loaded, only requirement is wire the Cubic-S Module to external safety peripherals - as indicated in section 9 of the manual and configuring using CS Configurator.
    - Please consult specific section 9.2.2 of the manual related to X7 configurations - any different configuration (including linking pins out) other than what is stipulated in the manual may result in damage/harm/injury....

Always follow the troubleshooting guidelines provided by the equipment manufacturer, specifically when dealing with safety devices.
    There is no mention of linking out the pins, overriding Cubic-S in the configuration/troubleshooting sections as any countermeasure for error checking, please try and refrain from discussing bypassing of safety devices in the future, as this is an open forum and could provide misleading information which could result in damage/harm/injury.

Troubleshooting C0 displayed error on Cubic-S Module:
    C0 Cubic-S Module Error code is because Cubic-S has not started up normally........if installed/setup correctly, would also result in a Cubic-S related error on the Teach Pendant (E9400).
    - Aux 0804 is a good way of determining this as it should display the CPU A and CPU B versions fed back from the Cubic-S Module after a normal start up.
    - In Aux 0804, if there is no CPU A and CPU B text at all.........then Cubic-S Option is not installed.
    - In Aux 0804, if CPU A and CPU B text is there, but no version information displayed , then the Cubic-S Module has failed to start and is possibly defective.
    - You can also check out the Monitor area.......if Cubic-S Option is installed, additional Cubic-S Monitoring functions will be available.

As you are not reporting any error being displayed on the Teach Pendant, but just on the Cubic-S Module then I suspect:
    - Cubic-S Option not installed or cannot be installed on E7x Series or a defective Cubic-S Module (contact distributor).

Hope this helps.......................

• The cubic-S module is installed inside the controller casing - I can see it. The CPU-A,B settings I cannot determine remotely and I do not remember them.

What else needs to be done except physically installing Cubic-S to activate it ?

The cubic-S module is installed inside the controller casing - I can see it. The CPU-A,B settings I cannot determine remotely and I do not remember them.

- That's a new one on me then........there's no dedicated mounting location inside the E7x Series.....or even space from memory/available harnesses.....but if you can see it in there.
    - Where is the Yellow Override button mounted?

- The CPU A and B settings, you need to find out (Aux 0804), this will tell you if the option is enabled or not.
    - If you are not receiving any Cubic-S related error on the Teach Pendant, then the option is not enabled.
    - If CPU A and CPU B are not there at all, then the option needs enabling.
    - If CPU A and CPU B fields are there, but are empty, (the option is enabled) then the module has failed to start up (C0 displayed on Cubic-S Module) - and is defective or wired incorrectly (you will also receive a Cubic-S related error on the Teach Pendant).

I suspect the option is not enabled and also still question whether Cubic-S can be used on the E7x Series and on an arm lower than the RS006L and also if the harness is also suitable/connected correctly.
    - You need to contact your distributor to clarify whether this is an allowable configuration....and also how to enable the option (could be chargeable).

Hope this helps................

Advertising from our partners