DX200 Yaskawa Mode - MotoSim ONLY!

• I'm aware that I shouldn't post Paid-Option-Parameters settings and Yaskawa Mode codes and whatever else; that being said, this Yaskawa developer password applies only to the virtual controllers in MotoSim/MotoVRC, and doesn't in any case let users acces to the magic-blue "Y mark" on the status bar (sadly, I tried by myself one nanosecond after getting this info, so no bothering with "does this work on real controllers dude?").

Enabling Yaskawa Mode on a virtual controller on first hand unlocks those protected parameters such as FD or S1D and so on...
    But, again, there's a checksum generated with a Yaskawa algorithm on bottom of every protected parameter file, there's no way of doing this :fine:

If someone needs the code or wants to try it, I just want to make sure the Moderators are ok with me posting this. :biggrins:

• Just to be clear, there is no way to get into Yaskawa mode on a VRC without going into maintenance mode? There are several options we use that can't be turned on using maintenance mode. I haven't been stuck yet, but surely will be on the next DX200 cell I develop.

• Hi Too_fast_46,
    I hope that 46 stands for Valentino Rossi :toothy9:
    I'm not sure I fully understood your question, but from my experience I never had to boot to maintenance (both real/virtual controllers) to access Yaskawa Mode, that can be achieved just entering the Yaskawa code instead of the Maintenance PW (99999999); and yes, there are not so many things to do in maintenance mode in the "Option function" menu, all the other controller features are activated through knowledge of parameters.
    The password I'm talking about applies only to Virtual controllers, but to me it's very useful because I can try any optional function just making a phone call to Yaskawa service to get the parameters and that's all..

• Hi Too_fast_46,
    I hope that 46 stands for Valentino Rossi :toothy9:

Sure does :icon_smile:

From things I've heard, I was under the impression that you had to be in yaskawa mode with a DX200 to load .PRM files. I'm assuming that's still true with real controllers, but the virtual controller just let me do it in management (should've tested it earlier). If I wasn't able to do that, I would definitely want whatever piece of code you've made work.

In my opinion, with the new security of the DX200, they should just give you an option to go into Y mode and/or turn on a list of options in MotoSim. Might as well let people experiment with it there so they will purchase it for their real robots.

• Hell yeah! 46 rocks :respect:

Back to important things, correct, in DX200 you MUST be in Yaskawa mode to load .PRM files, but also in MotoSim (tried right now in Management mode in a DX200 virtual cell, only Yaskawa mode will do the trick).
    The password I have will work only with a virtual DX200.
    From my experience I think I know why Yaskawa Mode has been locked into an hardware key (I think you can pay for one of those, lasts 6 months per licence file), there are sooooooooo many reasons for it :uglyhammer2: and I'm sure you already know why there's no backdoor for a real controller...
    About DX200's security, that could be an idea, but it's often better to keep your high card in the deck, usually when you need something that could really help your job, you end up buying if it's impossible or really hard to get for free.

I'm still waiting for a "good to go" from any moderator/admin before posting anything, I like this forum and wouldn't like to get banned for a damn string.

• Hi Fabian,
    of course they won't :waffen100: and that's why I'm asking and still waiting, even if this is a password that nobody will be able to use without a working copy of MotoVRC/MotoSim 2015.

• Guys are you integrators?

Dx200 Yaskawa mode in motosim without going into mainteinance mode is possible is just a password.

I'm asking if you're integrators because Yaskawa can give you the password only if you really needed for your work.

Regards.

Hero for fun, I'll help you when I'm bored.

• Well, that could be for personal use if I decide to buy a DX200 controller with any robot, my home-nurse making me "torque-controlled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" and coffee in the morning would be a total win :uglyhammer2:

For my purpose, I asked for a short day-class to upgrade my knowledge in MotoSim, and then I just said it would be beautiful to have a Y mode code also on DX200, and the guy just told me there's one, but it works only on MotoSim (exactly because those who know the way can easily access functions that would require TIME to get activated by someone else... according to me time is precious, and if I'm working abroad it's even more precious).

I'm ok with keeping it as a "secret" but I could even show it to the world and nobody would do anything with it; what will people do, sell fully-activated simulations instead of real cells? Well, there are companies which actually sell simulation sofware and sell customer-specific simulations, but you don't really need Y mode to access all parameters in MotoSim, it's ankwardly simple to do.

Advertising from our partners