Adding a tool in K-Roset

• This is why I ask question about create/import..................

When importing stl file, only model appear and coordinates of this always applied to world coordinates.
    a. Have you noticed when you select work object/obstacle, where it appears in viewer - always referenced at world coordinate origin.
    b. So model origin, always world coordinate when importing into KROSET - make sense?
    c. So this means it cannot be just loaded in as a TOOL......no characteristics set (TCP/clamp zone) data contained in standard stl file.

If you only require model to appear (standard stl file) then:
    1. Right Click NULL TOOL in project tree.
    2. Locate - Add/Environment/Work or Obstacle.
    3. Locate your stl file and click open.
    4. Model appears on JT6.........but beware of point b. above.......model if not drawn with origin in centre of model.....model will appear offset on JT6.
    5. However, TCP arrow/values not set, so you then need to.
    6. Right Click NULL TOOL.
    7. Locate TOOL TRANS and click change.
    8. Enter TCP coordinate (make sure base coordinate here is set to tool and R01C01).
    9. You will see arrows move to TCP.
    10. You need to set similar value for Clamp Zone too, if you require to use handling simulation (pick object, place object).
    11. This will automatically allow for teach panel (NOT TEACH PENDANT) to use new TCP value as stored for Tool no. 1 as default for BLOCK programming.
    - Test motion, if incorrect and adjust values again.
    13. If required to use Teach Pendant, then Aux 0304 Tool No.1 need same values entering and testing.
    14. Easy way is to get layout tool data into controller for Teach Pendant - synchronize Layout=>Controller option (controller settings)................this will set Tool No.1 with same values.
    15. Save project......and re-open to check.

If you have already prepared .krprj file of Tool:
    1. Right Click R0xC0x in project tree.
    2. Locate Tool/Load option.
    3. Locate relevant krprj tool file (check KHI library for available files provided free in KROSET) and click open.
    4. Tool model appears at JT6 flange with TCP/Clamp Zone already set.
    - Test motion, if incorrect and adjust values again.
    5. If required to use Teach Pendant, then Aux 0304 Tool No.1 need same values entering and testing.
    6. Easy way is to get layout tool data into controller for Teach Pendant - synchronize Layout=>Controller option (controller settings)................this will set Tool No.1 with same values.
    7. Save project......and re-open to check.

Hope that helps.......

• Yes it helped a bit. :merci:

I think I need to prepare .krpj file. How to prepare it then? Because standard stl file import is a bit weak for my needs..

• I knew that would be your following question......... :wallbash:

Problem is, it can be a very long procedure and assumes you already know KROSET and the TCP data.
    - There is a very small introduction to this in the KRSOET Manual called EDITOR.....however the information contained is by no means a step by step guide - have a look.
    - So there has to be a good understanding of KROSET and usage in order to use it, along with some common sense.....

So I shall post a brief instruction......

1. Open a new project.
    2. Right Click the project in the tree.
    3. Locate settings, and change the operation mode from normal to editor.
    4. Add your robot as normal.
    5. Right Click R0x[C0x] and locate Add, Select tool.
    6. You are then directed to selected your respective stl file and open it.
    7. This snaps the model directly to JT6 Flange.
    8. Right Click the tool in the project tree, Locate Tool Trans and select change.
    9. Check base coordinate is set to tool.....and enter your TCP data, do the same for clamp zone if you want the same data as TCP.
    10. Jog the robot using the teach panel in tool and confirm the motion is correct for the TCP, if not adjust and re-check.
    11. Once that is done, the tool characteristics are set..........Last chance to make any alterations prior to generation.
    12. (Optional for the icon image) To ONLY have the tool as a selectable icon (like your work/obstacle icons), you need to hide/transparent everything except your tool.
    13. Right Click the tool and locate Export.
    14. Select a folder to store it in (make note, once this is done an additional folder is created called MODEL - do not delete/modify the files in here as the krprj file parses info from this folder when you select the krprj file during normal use).
    15. Once complete, return operation mode back to normal.......save the project.....just in case you need to modify it and re-generate the krprj file.
    16. Then open a new project, add robot, then add, tool, load and select your krprj file.......should snap in there with TCP and clamp zone data already applied.........................
    - Note no TCP data will appear in the TEACH PENDANT.....unless you synchronize first......but remember this will be QTOOL ON and TOOL 1 of Aux 0304........................................

Hope this helps (there maybe mistakes in the above, but overall introduces the concepts), and now my fingers hurt........

• The site is telling me this thread is likely obsolete but I will post here anyways because my issue is directly related to this topic.

I get an error message shortly after adding the STL file. The tool model appears but if I move the 3D graphic window in anyway KRoset crashes and I get this error:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at MoNo.OpenGL.GL.glReadPixels(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, UInt32 format, UInt32 type, Void* pixels)

at MoNo.OpenGL.MGL.ReadPixels(Box2i r, UInt32 format, GLDataType type, Void* pixels)

at MoNo.OpenGL.MGL.ReadDepthPixels(Box2i r)

at MoNo.Graphics.GLSceneContext.GetDepth(Box2i rect)

at MoNo.Graphics.StandardViewOperationBase.OnMouseUp(MouseButtons button, Keys modifier, Point2i pos)

at KHI.Fortuna.HisuiViewer.Gui.MultiViewOperation.OnMouseUp(MouseButtons button, Keys modifier, Point2i pos)

at MoNo.Graphics.ViewOperation.OnMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at MoNo.Graphics.GLViewControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at MoNo.OpenGL.GLControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Has anyone seen something like this before? I have tried the above procedure as well as the procedure provided by Kawasaki found here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This procedure had me create the .krprj files so i also tried just importing those with the same error.

Any ideas I could try would be greatly appreaciated!

• I get an error message shortly after adding the STL file. The tool model appears but if I move the 3D graphic window in anyway KRoset crashes and I get this error.

Are you using Lite version or Licensed?

Describe or post a video of exactly what you're doing?

• Hi Kwakisaki,

I am using the licensed version of KRoset. A video is a bit difficult to obtain with good quality but I can work at getting one. Im not sure how to explain it anymore than that. I used the procedure you first posted and KRoset crashes anytime I click in the 3D window after step 3 is complete. The tool is imported in the wrong orientation and I can still correct it somewhat accurately by right clicking Work 1 -> positition -> change menu. So it appears I can still modify things within KRoset but something to do with the model I am importing is not correct? I can provide the tool file if youd like to try it yourself.

Thanks,

• Yes, this thread is quite old.

That webinar is not 100% correct, the tcp has not been set.

Maybe they set it in another webinar, but very strange they do not finalize the process.

There are many unanswered questions in that webinar unfortunately.

So what happens if you just have a robot selected (ie new project, add robot and no tool).

Do you still get any errors?

Yes, I could try your model for sure if you want o provide it.

You could also try in Lite mode and have a look at one of videos here:

KROSET Lite - Manuals, Software and Tools for Kawasaki Robots - Robotforum - Support and discussion community for industrial robots and cobots (robot-forum.com)

• Also have a look at the attached video.

I have made a servo gripper model and I go through the complete process by using editor, adding the stl, setting the tcp and creating the tool krprj file.

Then using the tool krpj, use it and also include moving the arms for a complete tool setup.

Attached in a zip file are the stl files I've used, so you could try an repeat what I've done and let me know your results.....

• Nope there are no errors until I add the custom model. I tried adding one of the default ones that comes with KRoset and I could move the model without any problems. I will try your example now. I am attempting to attach the model I am attempting to use but the file is too large. Is file size a potential issue with adding it as a model? What is the best way for me to send it to you?

Edit- The Controller model is E32G B001 and the Robot is BX200L.

Edited once, last by Shearzy ().

• I add the custom model.

What do you mean by this?

I am attempting to attach the model I am attempting to use but the file is too large. Is file size a potential issue with adding it as a model?

It could well be something like that, as KROSET is very resource hungry when it comes to the rendering in the 3D viewer.

I use an i7 with dedicated graphics and sometimes the stl file size ramps up my cpu/ram usage to extreme values (luckily my laptop seems to cope), but lower spec systems could struggle for sure.

Check your conversation out Capture.PNG and then send the file over using something like we transfer etc as opposed to posting to the forum......and I'll take a look at it.

• You are not alone,

I get a very similar message. It only happens when i use .STL files that are not native to K-roset

My work laptop is a 2016 zbook with an AMD firepro 2GB graphics card and Intel HD graphics 520. The laptop has shared graphics and I thought originally the problem may have been because of that. But after disabling the shared graphics is still get the error.

I find i usually happens a couple of seconds to 5 min after adding the tool. It happens when I pan or rotate the view of the robot. Sometimes it goes for an hour or more without crashing. It's very intermittent.

I have experimented with reducing the detail of the stl model with varying levels of success.

Next on my list is to try and see if i can update OpenGL or at least make sure i have the latest version.

I am currently using DirectX version 12. and i'm also on Windows 10.

Usually i just restart K-roset and carry on. The only problem is that you need to save constantly so that you don't lose your work.

On a side note, my home PC doesn't have this issue. But that's running a coffeelake i9 9900k with a GeForce RTX 2060 super. So plenty of grunt and then some.

This is my error that I get below:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at MoNo.OpenGL.GL.glReadPixels(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, UInt32 format, UInt32 type, Void* pixels)

at MoNo.OpenGL.MGL.ReadPixels(Box2i r, UInt32 format, GLDataType type, Void* pixels)

at MoNo.OpenGL.MGL.ReadDepthPixel(Point2i pt)

at MoNo.Graphics.GLSceneContext.GetDepth(Point2i pt)

at KHI.Fortuna.HisuiViewer.Gui.MultiViewOperation.FocusToPosition(IView view, Point2i screenPos, QuadViewPanel panel)

at KHI.Fortuna.HisuiViewer.SceneViewerByHisui.MouseClicked(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e, Boolean snap)

at KHI.Fortuna.HisuiViewer.SceneViewerByHisui.<>c__DisplayClass23.<View_MouseClick>b__1f(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

• Kwakisaki was kind enough to generate a .krprj file using the stl files I provided him. I do still get the error, however I can move the graphic around as much as I want as long as I don't let go of the mouse button. Once I let go of the mouse button I am using to rotate the graphic, Kroset crashes with the same error.

Edit- I took the files home and ran KRoset on my desktop at home (i7-7700, GTX 1080) and the error does not occur. It would appear that the file is just too large for my work laptop to handle.

Edited once, last by Shearzy ().

• Yes, it does appear PC spec/graphic capability/settings issue.

The trouble with my specs (although old in todays comparison) and when I got it, I got it like this on the back of others success with KROSET specifically:

- Dell Precision M6800 Laptop

- i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 4 Core 8 Thread

- NVIDIA Quadro K4100M (2Gb DDR5 or could be 4Gb) Graphics

- 32Gb Installed RAM

- Windows 10 Pro using 2x Samsung SSD's and Solid State Mini Card Storage

Personally, if you are just requiring the tool for a simple model and tcp for the sole purpose of using in KROSET, then I would look at the stl and strip it down to the bear features you want to see in KROSET.

This will then reduce the model complexity and also file size, and then may make it into a more usable model for your PC so you can at least begin using it perhaps?

Advertising from our partners