[R-30iB] Accesing position registers (PR) with ProFace panel

• You should be able to do that using the HMI option. I use the HMI option to communicate with the GE Quickpanel View HMI's. I'm only accessing the DI,DO, and Registers but the HMI manual shows that you can access PR's as well. Not positive if the ProFace is compatible with this option though. I use the TCPIP driver in the GE Proficy Machine Edition software for the HMI.

• well, the thing with ProFace panels and Fanuc robots is that ProFace uses the GE PLC driver to communicate with the robot (as 90-30 PLC), so the data types do not fully correspond between them.

So what you get on ProFace side is Input I (corresponds to robot DI), Output Q (corresponds to robot DO), Global Relay G, Internal Relay M, Temporary Relay T, System Status Relay S/SA/SB/SC, Register R (corresponds to robot R), Analog Input AI (like AI), Analog Output AQ (corresponds to AO) and Word W. As you see, no PR among them, but maybe there is some trick to get it working...

Edited once, last by bidzej ().

• The HMI option (SNPX), maps register data to "R" register which the hmi can access. The data types, size and usage are set in the SNPX_Assignment variable. The HMI User Manual maps out the arrangement. A PR would break down like this.
    ASG 6
    Address 3000 (R Starting address)
    Size 200 (4 PRs, each PR requires 50)
    Var Name PR[70] (Start at PR70)
    Multiply 0 (Real Number)

The HMI address would read as such:
    [PLC1]%R03000=X
    [PLC1]%R03002=Y
    [PLC1]%R03004=Z
    [PLC1]%R03006=W
    [PLC1]%R03008=P
    [PLC1]%R03010=R

I highly recommend that you read the HMI User Manual to obtain the rest of the parameters/detail settings.

Advertising from our partners