Differences between iA/iB/iC robots?

• Not sure this can be answered for the general case, but is there any way to 'predict' or recognise what kind of changes there may be between the various generations (if that's what we should call them) of robot models? Or in other words: what makes Fanuc decide that a robot should be an iA/iB/iC/iX?

The LR Mate is the clearest example where even their physical appearance changed going from iB to iC to iD (curiously there appears to be no 'iA', probably to not confuse them with the larger robots?), but for other models such as the R-2000 iA and iB (or the M-710iA/iB/iC) it's not really clear where the (biggest) changes have been made.

• In regards to the R2000 style, I beleive the iA has J4 move, where J4 doesn't on the iB. That's one difference I know of. Probably just have to pull some spec sheets from Fanuc to find out the big differences.

I also thought the electrical control boxes were different sizes.

• In regards to the R2000 style, I beleive the iA has J4 move, where J4 doesn't on the iB. That's one difference I know of. Probably just have to pull some spec sheets from Fanuc to find out the big differences.

I'm not sure I follow: "iA has J4 move, where J4 doesn't on the iB"?

I also thought the electrical control boxes were different sizes.

Yes, disregarding controller changes I guess.

Advertising from our partners