KCONG (Kawasaki Common Offline NC data Generator) - demo

• Hello!

Does anybody know if is there any chance to get trial or demo version of Kawasaki KCONG software?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C. Clarke

• Thanks. :winking_face: A few days ago I discovered this software but I couldn't find any information about it except one brochure.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C. Clarke

• I think KCONG is primarily intended for Ship building and welding intensive applications.
    - I would assume from a cost point of view for this top be quite expensive.....but that's just a guess.

No idea about anything else, other than the brochure you mentioned......would be nice if someone else has had any experience to post any additional information.

• After reading this brochure I got the impression that KCONG generate program ready to upload to controller. And correct me if I'm wrong K-ROSET is only for making simulations, that can't be used on real robot. So I think this is the difference between both of them: one is for simulations and showing people what one can do and other is for actual off-line programing.

(And here is the brochure I'm talking about: https://robotics.kawasaki.com/…wasaki-KCONG-brochure.pdf )

• I'd agree with you about the comparison but I think KROSET may have connection functionality implemented in the near future for saving/loading and also position monitoring/editing...
    - But I expect it'll be licensed in the same way as the applications are via a dongle.
    - Not sure though, but I've heard a few conversations relating to the feasibility.

• I think it's a step in the right direction in case of K-ROSET and Kawasaki. As far as my little experience goes most of big robotics companies have off-line programming options sometimes really complex sometimes not but they have. I cannot imagine to program laser cutting or welding process using only on-line methods not to mention stopping entire line to do this.

• Absolutely....I think that's where KCONG comes into the mix, it's been around for a lot longer than KROSET/PCROSET I think.

KROSET/PCROSET is in my opinion a very slimmed down version to allow for more bespoke uses as opposed to KCONG which I think is a specific product, targeting a specific application use.
    - Having never used KCONG, that's just my opinion based on information I have read.

• Nice bit of information in that link, proves that KCONG has actually had an impact.
    I've just had a brief scan, gonna have a better look at it when I get time and see if I can see 'KROSET/PCROSET' elements in there.....I'm sure it will have them........

Advertising from our partners