Import backup controller to robotstudio

• Good morning,
    i'm francesco and i'm just starting out with RobotStudio.
    when I make the backup from the controller to the PC I don't understand how the computer positions the station and the robot each other.
    After backup, what is the next step to see on the pc their correct position?

Calibration ? Sincronization ?
    Thanks for all :help: :help:

Frank

• I think that you mean, how does the robot get placed inside a work station with fences, doors, conveyors, etc. In robot studio, after everything is imported, you need to search for the "Work Frame". This is information that will tell the simulation where to put everything.

• Hi, thanks for the answer.

I think that my problem,now, is geometric. I import the backup correctly, but in virtual controller i look a different placement in comparison to real controller.

I looking for on tutorial a possible solution.
    Thanks
    Francesco

• I think that you mean, how does the robot get placed inside a work station with fences, doors, conveyors, etc. In robot studio, after everything is imported, you need to search for the "Work Frame". This is information that will tell the simulation where to put everything.

So, my answer is still the same as before. Look for "Work Frame". Change the values to put the robots where you want them.

• No, the backup contains no information about where a robot sits in relation to the positioner. The robot doesn't need to know that information. That is only (and exclusively) on the robot studio simulation. If you add that information to the simulation and then make a backup of the simulated cell, the relative positions will NOT be saved in the backup.

• Good morning to everyone. This is a sunnyday here :icon_wink:
    Now,
    If i want to import a routine (motion instructions of the robot torch) and see the robot follow that routine, how can I do everything ?

thanks a all
    Francesco

• This is not completely correct. If you you have made the calibration of the baseframe of the positioner correctly in your robot, when you load the backup, RobotStudio will ask to reposition the positioner according to the baseframe.

And when you change the position of the positioner inside your RobotStudio cell, the baseframe will be updated. In practice this means that if you have a coordinated workobject with the positioner you have different values for the points.

Of course all this is only true if you use a workobject that is coordinated with the positioner, like when you have to weld a tube moving the robot and the station at the same time.

• If i want to import a routine (motion instructions of the robot torch) and see the robot follow that routine, how can I do everything ?

That's a pretty huge question. First focus on getting the backup loaded into your simulated cell. After that, you will need to read the manuals and get familiar with the "Synchronize" function. The synchronize feature is how you take a simulated controller and make it all show up in the 3D work space. It's a pretty messy method, so the best I can say without spending all day writing a response is; read the manuals, try it out, and then come back with more specific questions.

• Good morning to everybody and thanks for the answer.
    Then,
    yesterdat i have tried to import the movement from pc to the robot. So i have create a station in robotstudio with libreries, then create a path with mytools and i did a backup.
    In this last file i noticed that the program has created a folder that contains one of the typical backup folder files.

After that i tried on the robot the new softaware, and i noticed that the robot didn't move as in the software. Today I have to deepen the study about it.
    But if I want to do the reverse process, how could i do ?
    Why i can't see the path imported by the robot ?
    Thanks to all.
    Have a great day :icon_wink:

Advertising from our partners