Shut-Down and Startup in external mode

• Hi All

I am working on a KR10 R1100 Sixxx robot with a KRC4 compact controller. I have configured the CIPsafety interface between the controller and my AB GuardLogix PLC. I have also configure the Automatic External interface. The KSS version is 8.3.8.

I would like to be able to shut down the controller and power it up in External mode without the need of going back to T1 mode, confirming the messages and running CELL.SRC again. What is the correct procedure for that?

Right now, if I use the green button on the compact controller to power off the controller, after powering it on again, it boots up in external mode and the main pointer is at the INI line of CELL.SRC but there is an acknowledgement message:

KSS02858: Ackn. Stop due to field bus error.

that does not get acknowledged even when I set $CONF_MESS. Hence I have to switch to T1 mode, acknowledge the message, reset CELL.SRC file and switch to EXT mode.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

• There's a config file for this, which allows you to add specific error message numbers that can be acknowledged remotely: KrcExtConfMsg.xml

You can add the error code to the file like this, then perform a Cold Boot with Reload Files selected. After that, the error should be clearable remotely by $CONF_MESS.

• Hi,
    I am working on a KR10R900sixx robot with a KRC4 compact controller and I have the same problem.
    I have followed the steps but the problem is that after the cold boot a new error appear "error while reading KrcExtConfMsg.XML " .
    I have tried to add <Message Number="00099" AllowConfInExt="true" /> directly on the KCP then with WorkVisual but the problem still exist .
    Any idea will be welcomed.

• you mapped something to inputs 1025/1026. change mapping.

if you still have problem check how many slots are used. default max is 100.
    solution is to regroup io using larger blocks so they take fewer slots

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello everyone,

I am facing the same problem and unfortunately I don't know where is located the XML file that you are talking about.

Could you please tell the directory.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners