CAN 2 Bus can not be found [SOLVED]

• We lost our network settings somehow yesterday, and loading the boot system overwrites them every time so I can't connect over FileZilla. I think we might have deleted some of the system files or something from hd0a, when the user was removing old machining files..

errors:
    71207 CAN2 can not be found in the system
    71277 Unable to openconfigure bus 'CAN2' according to user settings

The check is to "check configuration for the bus in EIO-configuration file" but I don't know what it should be. I made a backup just now, and the EIO file is just the following:
    EIO:CFG_1.0:4:0::
    #
    EIO_BUS_USER:
    -Name "SIM" -Driver "/sim1:"
    -Name "SW" -Driver "/sw1:"
    -Name "BASE" -Driver "/BASE1:"
    -Name "CAN2" -Driver "/BASE2:"

Can I just delete the CAN2 line?

Am I supposed to have a terminating resistor on CAN 2 if it's not being used? It's currently empty, and CAN2 NS/MS lights are off.

Edited once, last by kb ().

• Thanks for the reply SharplesR; I did find one, but haven't found any differences in the CFG files.

ABB support got back to me, they suspect a short in the comm lines somewhere, between the connector board and the computer board. Maybe I can find power distribution in the wiring diagrams.

Any thoughts on the resistor from data_hi to data_lo on the CAN2 plug, since it's not used?

• I removed the dsqc 504 board and found that the 24v pin on CAN2 had 1k ohm resistance to ground, where the 24v pins on the other CAN buses had infinite resistance. Therefore I have a short.

Unfortunately the board is a 4-layer sandwich with the 24v hidden inside, does anybody have a reference to troubleshooting that board?

• SOLUTION The error ended up being something in the BaseWare OS, we reinstalled and it worked fine.

The operator didn't erase any system files, so FileZilla might have overwritten them automatically or something.

Advertising from our partners