Zero Position and Quick Master

• Hello folks,

Some time ago I used zero position mastering on one of my robots without completely understanding how it works.
    This was done on a R-30iB/M-1A.

After realizing I should have used quick master (I have the inspection data sheet) I started over by: entering the reference position counts for all joints from the IDS, setting $REF_DONE to TRUE, $MASTER_DONE to FALSE, moved to the scribe marks, then used quick master and calibrate.

My problem now is that when I jog all the joints to their 0 position, joint 4 is off by about 6.5mm.
    Did my use of zero position master affect the reference or encoder counts in any way? Have I effectively rendered the $MASTER_COUNT on the IDS useless?

• ZERO POSITION MASTER always writes to $DMR_GRP.$master_coun

You should not have used Quick Master, unless your alarm window was reporting SRVO-062 BZAL alarms.

The very name, QUICK MASTER, draws people to use it. It is almost always without merit in the factory Production environment.

QUICK MASTER will not fix the accidental use of ZERO POSITION MASTER

Quick Master is for integrators.

• joint 4 is off by about 6.5mm.

Correction, joint 4 is off by 6.5 degrees. My mistake.

tried changing the $DMR.$MASTER_COUN values manually with the ones on the data sheet ?

Yes, same result as just using quick master.

Quick Master is for integrators.

I am an integrator.

Out of the eight robots I accidentally used ZERO POSITION MASTER on, then corrected, only one is giving me problems.

Other than using SINGLE AXIS MASTER, I'm not sure how to proceed.
    Would like some input before doing something like INIT START or reloading software.

• I do not have a backup.

Robots had arrived from FANUC and were installed into a frame, they were without power for some time.
    I assumed the encoders lost their counts during this time, thus the need for remastering.

• Currently what I've done and not liking it; out of hundreds of robots, only one is zero position mastered haha.

Working with FANUC to find out why this happened since it appears to be an encoder issue originating from their end.

Will post here if a solution or explanation is found.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

• OK move the robot to the witness marks and perform a zero position master.
    Quick master is not going to work.

I realize this is an old post but I am trying to remaster but can't find what I need to in order to jog the robot to the witness marks. I have a SRVO-83 which I have seen before and required remastering. I have a used robot and downloaded my program into it and I am certain it destroyed the old mastering.

• I realize this is an old post but I am trying to remaster but can't find what I need to in order to jog the robot to the witness marks. I have a SRVO-83 which I have seen before and required remastering. I have a used robot and downloaded my program into it and I am certain it destroyed the old mastering.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's 2 videos! LMK if this helps or not!

• I guess you mean a SRVO-038 alarm. What exactly did you do? Did you restore an AoA backup? Did the error first occur after you have loaded your program? Are there any other alarms? Which controller type and software version are you using?

A SRVO-038 alarm does not necessarily mean that a mastering is required. First I would suggest to jog the robot to the zero position. Then verify the witness marks. If everything is okay you could reset the pulsecoder alarm and power cycle the controller. After that, set the system variable $DMR_GRP[1].$MASTER_DONE to TRUE and calibrate the robot.

If this will not work we can still think about mastering the robot.

• I guess you mean a SRVO-038 alarm.

Yup, dyslexia. Don't know if this will help anyone in the future or not:

-Place robot in Joint mode

-Variable $MASTER_ENB make a 1

-F3 "RES_PCA" will allow you to move to witness marks on robot

-System>Master/Cal>"Zero position master" IF all joints are lined up with witness marks select "Yes"

-System>Master/Cal>"Calibrate", select yes and all your joint registers will show "0"

-F5 "Done"

• You don't need to master the robot when you have a pulse mismatch. Pulse mismatch means the last known position is different. Basically the controller and the robot don't match. This can happen if someone shut the robot off in mid cycle or you loaded a backup sysmast file. Simply reset the PCA set the master done to true. Verify zero by jogging it to zero on the TP

• You don't need to master the robot when you have a pulse mismatch. Pulse mismatch means the last known position is different. Basically the controller and the robot don't match. This can happen if someone shut the robot off in mid cycle or you loaded a backup sysmast file. Simply reset the PCA set the master done to true. Verify zero by jogging it to zero on the TP

I had just downloaded all files from a new program including system. I wouldn't have trusted this without remastering it.

Hello, I have a similar problem with robot calibration. Now, when the torch is rotated in the Tool mode along the rotation axes, the TCP point is shifted by 2-3 mm, although it should be stationary. That I should use Quick Master or Zero Position Master. I know that Zero Position Master has already been done before me. Does it make sense to set all joints by labels and execute SET QUICK MASTER REF?

• Hello, I have a similar problem with robot calibration. Now, when the torch is rotated in the Tool mode along the rotation axes, the TCP point is shifted by 2-3 mm, although it should be stationary. That I should use Quick Master or Zero Position Master. I know that Zero Position Master has already been done before me. Does it make sense to set all joints by labels and execute SET QUICK MASTER REF?

No you should update your TCP data first. Your torch is likely bent

• You could perform a quick test before thinking about mastering the robot. Jog the robot in a straight line in X or Y direction relative to world or to a user frame which is already taught (if there is one). If the TCP deviates from the straight X or Y path then mastering could help. Check the position of the TCP also visual and not only by the position data.

Advertising from our partners