Cold start and Reload Files, what's the purpose?

• Hi all,

I've been progamming Kuka robots for 3 years but I've always wondered what's the purpose of the "Reload Files" option when rebooting the controller.

Kuka service never gave me an explanation...

diglo

• I think it is for updating the C:\KRC\ROBOTER\KRC.img

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

• Cold start is used to ensure everything will be reloaded: let's say you shut your robot down using a normal power off, then the system goes into hibernation, and therefore it will start in the same condition it was at the moment of the shut down... so if something was wrong (bug, problem...) that situation will still be there if you are using a normal boot. A cold start prevents this and starts the robot controller completely from scratch.

Reload files is used to make the robot controller to update the configuration files, so if you make a big change and this is not correctly acknowledged the reload files method should solve that. <-- this second statement (reload files) is based on my own experience, nothing that anyone has explained me.

The fun part with reload files happens when something is wrong in a configuration somewhere, you don't have a clue on what is happening and the reload files deletes completely your $Config.dat file... ???

Hope this helps.

• Hey... thanks for your input,
    But I think my robot need a cold start and reload files....

where and how, I can reload the files?-

please let me know...

thanks

• I'm not sure what type of robot you have, but for mine you go to the robot menu (top left icon on screen or button on the bottom right of the controller) > Shutdown > check the force cold start and reload files options > Reboot control PC.

Advertising from our partners