Encoder Data Not Recieved

• Hello, I am working on a project for a customer who is "repurposing" some RC5 Robots. The Robot Arms are VS-6556E/GM and the controllers are RC5-E BVSE6BA-BN. I was told these robots were functional when taken out of production. After boot, I get errors 6421, 6422, 6423, 6424, 6425, 6426 and 6427. These are all Encoder Data Not Received errors. I checked the batteries (all three are at about 3.6 volts), I tried three different cables, two different controllers, and two different robot arms. There is no undue noise. The robot arms and controllers have been sitting without power for about two months. Is there something that I am missing that is not in the manuals? Thank you in advance.

• Hi....if you are getting error and that is related to Encoders the you should check the cabling. Fault may be there only. Because no any other issue can happen in this case as per my knowledge. Also check the power supply for the encoders carefully or try to find out any faulty encoder, it can be there.

surface mount assembly

• RC5's use parallel encoders and each of them must have a unique address setup. There is a procedure for doing this that involves disconnecting all but one encoder at a time and setting the address for it. Sorry I can't help you more but this is something we ran into in the past with them.

Advertising from our partners