ESTOP Circuitry

• Morning, Y'all,

Putting a work cell together that consists of a 3rd party OEM wire straightener/stapler, an R-2000iB with R-J3iB, and a spring coiling machine that we've built in-house. I should probably know this already, and I'm pretty sure I have documentation somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment so I thought I'd ask...

Which terminals on my R-J3iB can I tie my coiler's ESTOP circuit to? On the bottom side of the board that is mounted to the controller's cabinet door, there are terminals labeled OV, 24V, 41, 4, 31, 3, 21, 2, 11, and 1. Is this giving me 4 separate ESTOP channels? And what if I don't want to use the robot's voltage? What if I want to use the 24VDC from my coiler? Is what I am asking even possible?

Please, be gentle...

• So, I did some temporary wiring. I brought 24vdc in and put an ESTOP button on 5 and 6. When the ESTOP was pulled out, the robot faulted and detected an ESTOP. Only when I pressed the ESTOP button was I able to clear any robot faults.

So apparently, this terminal block is for outputting a robot ESTOP condition only, correct? Where do I receive an ESTOP signal from the other machinery in my cell? If I press an ESTOP button on my coiler's HMI, I want my robot to see that. Are the terminals on the top side of this board for ESTOP inputs? There's also another little block on the right side, too...

• So, I did some temporary wiring. I brought 24vdc in and put an ESTOP button on 5 and 6. When the ESTOP was pulled out, the robot faulted and detected an ESTOP. Only when I pressed the ESTOP button was I able to clear any robot faults.

So apparently, this terminal block is for outputting a robot ESTOP condition only, correct? Where do I receive an ESTOP signal from the other machinery in my cell? If I press an ESTOP button on my coiler's HMI, I want my robot to see that. Are the terminals on the top side of this board for ESTOP inputs? There's also another little block on the right side, too...

Read the note on the screenshot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• I'd like to help but I'm a little confused. Are you trying to make a robot ESTOP kill power to your external equipment? or are you wanting an error signal from external equipment to ESTOP the robot?

• The attached picture shows where the external E-Stops and fence interlocks are wired to the board. Like Canvis showed, you need 2 inputs into the board from your E-Stop. Otherwise you will get single channel fault each time one loop is opened. The inputs into the board are Relay Contact or normally closed contact ONLY, do NOT connect 24VDC to these inputs. They are fed from the board itself. You mentioned that the temporary wiring E-Stop had to be pressed in to clear the fault, this probably means you are using a normally open contact block and it should be a normally closed contact block to function correctly. You can connect the E-Stop wires from EES1 to EES for Loop 1 and EES2 to EES21 for Loop 2. The connections on the bottom side of board are the E-Stop outputs from the robot to other devices.

Advertising from our partners