How does the $STOPMESS get triggered

• $STOPMESS is output of the robot which is defined in KRC:\STEU\Mada\$machine.dat, so it is for communicating with PLC? I want to know when will $STOPMESS get triggered by the KRC, is there any logical programming conditions like the normal programs ?

I mentioned about this topic because i found i can understand some problems by searching the messages in the project. According to the program section located by the search, reading them help us to understand why this error message pops out...
    But there is also some messages which couldnt be found by the search function of Wov, like messages come out from the system modules like KSS26090

Edited once, last by Sakya ().

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hello guys!

This was the most similar post, which is write my problem.

I try to run AUTO_EXT, but i going to the wall with face every single time.:(

I try to read every single manual and posts what you talk about this, but my problem is not so similar like those.

I read a PLC ladder diagram what @Panicmode attached one of these posts. Name of the PLC ladder is:

ext- Ladder diagram.(Attached)

The problem is the next:

Everything goes well, until i enable move -> $MOVE_ENABLE - > TRUE

STOP message appers:

error number : 1210:

Ackn. general motion enable ->I think this will be a good new, but when i would like to dissapear STOPMESS, i can't, because it's always true, whatever i am doing.

I don't know maybe this is the main problem, but i have one more:

PLC ladder line 6:

I can start the program -> $EXT_START, but PRO_ACT don't want to appear...

I tried everything( change ladder,longer duty cycle.. etc.), but stop message don't want to dissapear and PRO_ACT don't want to be TRUE.

I spent almost my entire day on it, so now I would turn to you to see if anyone can help. I hope you can guys! :smiling_face:
    Thanks in advance!

M.

C:\Users\Ivica.Kvasina.AMER\Desktop\SHORTCUT\ext.xps

C:\Users\Ivica.Kvasina.AMER\Desktop\SHORTCUT\ext.xpsC:\Users\Ivica.Kvasina.AMER\Desktop\SHORTCUT\ext.xpsC:\Users\Ivica.Kvasina.AMER\Desktop\SHORTCUT\ext.xps

• you should check the messages... they will tell you more.

you got quite few of them there but only last 4 are shown (see scrollbar in the lower right corner).

message "acknowledge move enable" suggests that move enable was dropped. this means something is probably not right with your PLC code or wiring. move enable need to be solid "true" without glitching....

looking at the PLC code, 'move enable' is active when controller is ready and correct mode is selected. and in your case controller is not ready... which is shown in your screenshot.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Sorry for those messages... I try to test something, about ladder, thats why you see those "errors".

The only thing what, i see is that:

Programstart is disappear after few sec and everything stop like this with that stop message.

I am using Turck HMI PLC so the only cable is the ethernet and LAN cable, so it can be problem with it:(

If $STOPMESS is red, it means its TRUE -> there is some error?

and if $CONF_MESS would be TRUE -> $STOPMESS will be grey?

• Yes, which are exists!:)

Sorry for not attaching, but i copy everything from that ladder diagramm and i didn't want to spam the whole post:)

This is it:

Hajtas_off means, drives off, but it didn't work, because i atatched $IN[1025] to $DRIVES_OFF :smiling_face:

Edited once, last by Mate_271 ().

• .. and check if your I/O are mapped correctly

One thing is quite interesting, because $STOPMESS is always TRUE, and in PLC it is not active in this form... I/O map should be good because i checked everything and everything else was good.

Therefore i tried to just switch on the CONF_MESS with timer, because as hermann says it is edge sensitive.CONF_MISS TRUE appears 2-3 sec in KUKA HMI and $STOPMESS didn't disappeared. It is still TRUE, if i change to T1/T2 mode...

It doesn't want to disappear.

• no idea what you are doing with three timers and what those other flags are (CLOCK_TIME, CLOCK_TIME1, CLOCK_TIME2...)

so... are you REALLY sure you are getting proper timing? i suspect your needle-pulses have way too low duty cycle to be sensed by the robot. make sure duty cycle is 50%.

here is another way to generate such signal. and you only need this once, there is no need to use three timers...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Wow, somehow the codesys got the stopmess information from the robot, moreover i changed everything like you said in the PLC and it works like a charm!!!

Thank you so much for your thousand year of experience panic mode! :top::beerchug:

• the issue with edge sensitive signals is that both off and on time must be long enough. users often neglect this which is why i made that top part of the ladder example and explicitly stated timing requirements that KUKA expects. needle pulse is way too short. that can only be used locally (in this case in the PLC). signal transfer using fieldbus or I/O to another device (robot) are likely to corrupt such signal. and the more timers one creates, the more likely is to create another issue. code need to be simple, functional and easy to reproduce on any platform. original example used compare to get something close to 50% duty cycle. version in post 16 uses XOR to toggle CLOCK output and produce symmetrical signal regardless of timer interval.

using clock to retrigger edge sensitive input is kind of brutish but - it is simple and very reliable.

3) read 1 and 2