UR10 E-Stop Shutter

• I am new to the UR product line. Working with a UR-10. When we E-Stop the controller, the robot joints shutter, shaking as if the servos or brakes are activating. Secondly, when we re-start the robot, it shutters as I assume it is reactivating the joint servos. Both are problematic, since it risks damaging are end of arm tooling. Is there a program setting(S) to remove this "shutter"? Thanks! :beerchug:

• Standard behavior for UR. And yes, it's painful watching the robot go through its "startup" further crashing your tooling. Only alternative that I'm aware of is to remove the joint cover and manually disengage the little silver solenoid brake to allow you to free-rotate the joint out of a bad spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• If you're worried about the start-up motion damaging your EOAT one option is to put the robot in 'backdrive' mode. This will allow you to move the robot into a safe position before it goes through the startup motion (which incidentally is part of startup to make sure the brake pins don't get jammed up and can be released.) Hope this helps

Advertising from our partners