Robot I/O stops, Teach Pendant Freezes randomly

• Hey all-

We have a robot that has been running for a few weeks now. Yesterday all the I/O randomly stopped (push button inputs and outputs, stack lights, sensors, etc.) and the teach pendant froze. We turned the robot power off then on and were able to start back up with no problem. Since then this has happened 4 other times. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

I programmed two robots to love each other, but they crashed.

• Hi,

If you might have a (Profibus) Dp module installed it might be the bustermination. The symptoms you described sound similar to what I once found out to be a wrong set DP terminationswitch.

Succes !

• It has happened to me this situation and after I contacted Fanuc they said that before restarting the unit I should write to them the error code displayed in the controller and they will give me an answer of this situation.

• Hello ,

Can you upgrade robot firmware?? You can find latest update from fanuc cRc. This might help you. Let us know if this works!!!

• Hi all

this problem happened to me 4 times in 3 different robots.
    All robot had V.30P version of software (R30iB controller). It happened with arc tool but also with handling tool.
    On the teach pendant alarm didn't compare when problem happened.
    When the problem happened the situation on the robots wasn't the same.

Have you got opinion?

• Are you using Ethernet communication? We have had a similar issue where two robots where getting overwhelmed by too much traffic and froze up. Fanuc gave us two possible fixes, and one of them worked. Have not had an issue in 6+ months.

Copy and paste from previous thread again:

"Is it connected to other devices via Ethernet? Apparently the robots are by default set to look at all Ethernet traffic, even if it is not addressed to that robot. There is a filtering setting that can be changed to correct it so the robot only cares about traffic aimed at it. We had to do this with two of our robots. They would become non-responsive, but disconnecting Ethernet and cycling power usually fixed it.

The change we made was
    $ETH_FLTR[4] from 0 to 44818

Must cycle power to take effect. No guarantee this is related, especially if you do not use Ethernet."

Advertising from our partners