Troubleshooting a Crash; Interference Cubes, CIO, and CC Link

• I am sorry if this comes off confusing, or is way too much/ Too little information. This cell was coded by 3 different companies before someone could get it right, and that was decade before I took over this roll just adding to the learning curve.

I have been trying to diagnose a crash between two robots, each one has an interference cube (Cube3) set up for this area of shared space.

1) As I understand it, there is a constant (Built-in) Input and Output address associated but I am not sure what is should be; I have EXT OUT #30084 and Specific Out #50082 both with InCube3 as a comment. There are also 2 inputs IN45 and IN70 with Cube3Prohibit comments.

On my first look through the robot jobs, neither one is ever using the inputs above as a step in the code but the PLC (Mits) does have I/O that responds to the cube status.
    Robot 1 (SOUT #50082) > PLC { X60C > Y58C} > Robot 2 [IN 45], I could not determine exactly if the Out #30084, or IN 70 were also coming from the PLC.

2) My understanding of the cubes is that the effect would be global reaching and job agnostic, but since this was not the case, I tried to use the PLC to set a HOLD condition if ever both robots reported InCube. This brought up a very unexpected result. If R1 was in cube before R2 the HOLD worked correctly, but if R2 were in first the InCube3 signal from R1 would never come on in the PLC.

So I began looking at the CIO ladder in R1 and found a most curious bit of code.. See Attached, the addresses represent the address in the robot; i.e. M7036 = #70036
    This code is in the mostly found SYSTEM LADDER section, and seems to be very intentionally designed to Mute the InCube3 signal if the other robot was there first. This means that MOTOMAN created this section of code, and that I cannot change it. The only USER LADDER section of that code is the OUT #30084 rung.

So now I am stuck as what the best approach is between these robots, It doesn't help that I have roughly 30 min / day to actually work with them without messing up production schedules.

• Wattup

Welcome to the robot-forum

I read you post 50 million times
    I dont understand the problem or better yet I dont see the problems on the robot. Maybe the PLC is not doing it job
    I'm confused because sometimes I dont understand if you are referring to the plc i/o or the robot i/o
    For example " I have EXT OUT #30084 and Specific Out #50082 both with InCube3 as a comment"
    and " There are also 2 inputs IN45 and IN70 with Cube3Prohibit comments. "

You wrote "I could not determine exactly if the Out #30084, or IN 70 were also coming from the PLC. "
    ok, Is there any direct comm between the robots , hardwires etc ? I mean , to have IN70 as a wired input, you should have a bunch of green terminals at the bottom of your cabinet

By the way, these manipulators, do they have each one a controller or this is a case of dual robot controller ?

Lets go back to the basics

50082 turns on 70036 which turns on 30024 which is CN10 terminal B8, do you have a wire there ? it should go to the PLC ?
    To HOLD the robot you need to go to the MXT terminal block and se what you have on terminals 31 and 32 . I will say that you have a relay there energized by PLC.

That's it, you should have the same on both robots, better check the PLC

For the "unexpected result", check the PLC

Note:
    search forum for Mladde. Excellent program to look at the concurrent io

Retired but still helping

• Thanks for responding.
    Let me try to clear it up a little first.

The cell has 4 Robots and a Mits PLC; these are connected via CC-Link and hardwired where needed. Each robot has its own pendent.

I believe the Robot address of #200*** and #300*** are the hardwired contacts, is that correct? Based on that I am assuming the #500*** Outputs are over CC-Link. I am not sure what address block is CC-Link inputs..

In a normal installation, are the InCube signals and Prohibit signal constant? As in a hardwired cannot be changed address? If so, how do I know what address/terminal?

Like I said above, the PLC input (that I know of) for Robot1 InCube comes from R1 External Output #30084. Unfortunately this is where my problem lies, as seen in the Robot1 CIO that #30084 output is only on if #70021 is off, which is not the case when the Cube Prohibit 3 is on (#20084)

I did find MLadder shortly after I posted, awesome tool. Attached is the relevant code sections from that program, I highlighted my backtrack activities to make it a little more clear.

EDIT: -----
    I used MLadder to look at the Robot2 CIO, and it has 1 very important difference. |#50082|-----(#30084) It doesn't use the #70036 muted contact like Robot1.

I tried to make the ladder edit, but the change didn't seem to save. Any quick tips/quides for changing the CIO from the pendant?

• I believe the Robot address of #200*** and #300*** are the hardwired contacts, is that correct?yes Based on that I am assuming the #500*** Outputs are over CC-Link.No, 5xxxx are specific outputs, like servo on,running, inteferences I am not sure what address block is CC-Link inputs..

In a normal installation, are the InCube signals and Prohibit signal constant? As in a hardwired cannot be changed address? You can not change the address because they are in the system ladderIf so, how do I know what address/terminal? Go to the motoman site, I think you can download manuals . I can tell you that 30034 is out05 cn10 b12, that 30044 is out13 at cn07 b10 and I bet you dont have anymore terminals meaning that 30084 (out45) is your cc link

Like I said above, the PLC input (that I know of) for Robot1 InCube comes from R1 External Output #30084. Unfortunately this is where my problem lies, as seen in the Robot1 CIO that #30084 output is only on if #70021 is off, which is not the case when the Cube Prohibit 3 is on (#20084)

I did find MLadder shortly after I posted, awesome tool. Attached is the relevant code sections from that program, I highlighted my backtrack activities to make it a little more clear.

EDIT: -----
    I used MLadder to look at the Robot2 CIO, and it has 1 very important difference. |#50082|-----(#30084) It doesn't use the #70036 muted contact like Robot1.

I tried to make the ladder edit, but the change didn't seem to save. Any quick tips/quides for changing the CIO from the pendant?Looking at your code and at the one in the book, i can see somebody heavily modified the concurrent i/o. You cannot fixed due to the password issue and even if you had it, it would be a nightmare to fix it

I think I have a program with cubes, robots and CClink but I need about a week to access them (i'm on site)

Retired but still helping

Advertising from our partners