Robcad Kinematics

• Hello,

I received a job where i am supposed to do some kinematics for a gripper. I am struggling with it because it is composed of several sliders type crank mechanism's.

My question is how do i create more than 1 slider in a component ? Because when i create the second one it overwrites the first one.

I think i need to create a separate mechanism for every slider, but i don't know how to do that in a component.

I'm grateful for any tips, thank you. :help:

• Why not make a component for every slider/cranck mechanism and tie them together in a supercomponent?

Errors are a question of mind over matter,<br />If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

• In modelling go to kinematics and choose the appropriate mechanism under the chapter Crank. Either Double, Slider or Threepoint. Just experiment and see what happens.

Then Create a supercomponent.
    Create dummy kinematics using empty links.
    If you then couple each of the other sliders with a follow factor equal to the mechanisim inmput joint you can set the pose of the super component to 1 or 0.

Errors are a question of mind over matter,<br />If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Advertising from our partners