ABB IRC5 robot controller CMOS battery location

• On start-up, we get the error "37053 Low CMOS battery voltage level."

Does anyone know where the battery is located in the IRC5 control module and whether it can be changed by an end-user?

Many thanks.

Edited once, last by jsph ().

• This small battery is a "CRXXXX" button type.

It is located on the PCB of DSQC 639 (or previous reference) computer unit. In a standard controller, you'll find this box on the roof of the controller.

If maybe you have a compact controller, it's the same location, but it won't be a DSQC 639 but another reference. In any case, it's inside the computer unit (the box where you insert Compact flash if that helps :icon_smile: )

You can change it by yourself, but you'll lose the date and time parameters. That will lead to show a false "maitenance counters" and so on, when you look at that is the SIS datas.

Just reply here if you need more information :icon_smile:

• Excellent. Thanks to both for your help. I replaced the CR2032 battery this morning and it's working fine again.

For anyone else needing instructions, you need to unplug all the cables to the main computer and undo the T25 torx screw in the clip. The main computer will pivot downwards and can be removed. Take the top off the computer cage and the battery is at the back left of the PCB.

Joe

• Hello there,

if I understood correctly, the only concern about changing the CMOS battery is losing date and time parameters, that means I don't have to worry about anything else correct?

Additionally, how would I resolve the date and time parameters after battery replacement?

Appreciate your time!

Advertising from our partners