Help with S4C Error: 50140 payload too large [SOLVED]

• SOLUTION: I ended up reinstalling the baseware and it eliminated the error. Not a big fan of things like this, hopefully it's not going to be a recurring thing.

M98 IRB2400L. Everything was working fine, then after being off for a few days, we powered up and got the payload error on Axis 4.

The only changes we can think of were moving the control cables (checked for continuity already, they were okay), and feeling for backlash on the mounting flange.

ABB first suggested replacing the Axis 4 motor, so I checked resistance through each winding and to ground, and it's fine.
    Then they said to check the cables, which are good all the way to the motor from the controller.
    Their next suggestion is replacing the A1 drive unit, which I don't believe is a good approach to solving this problem.

I can hold the brake release button and easily rotate the 4th axis.

My error list:
    1) 50140 Payload too large
    2) 20207 Backplane Enable open
    3) 10012 Guard stop state
    4) 20074 Not allowed command
    5) 20207 Backplane Enable open
    6) 60007 Jogging not permitted!
    7) 10010 Motors off state
    :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: 10012 Guard stop state

Any suggestions?

Edited once, last by kb ().

• I just took out the drive unit, it was covered in grime, so i cleaned it but had no change in the error codes.

Forgot to mention earlier that I also updated the rev counters, but to no avail.

any thoughts out there?

Advertising from our partners