Communicating through network with external software

• Here I am again, a new week, a new question... lol

At my job we are currently building a new robot cell using a RS80 robot, witch will be used to load 45 different pallets into a Haas UMC 750 machine.
    To get this to work so I can give prioritys to certain pallets, and create some more communication options betweet the robot and the machine I am going to try to make an interface on a PC.

I would like to know how I can send and receive data using the ethernet port on the robot. What commands do I use, what do I neet to set up ?

• The usual 'Industrial option' is to add a 'Fieldbus option' to the Controller....
    - Devicenet, Profibus, Profinet, CClink, Interbus, Ethernet IP and use IO Bit pattern data exchange between the Controller and external device(s).

However, I do know and have tested TCP/IP communications using a freeware application called Hercules.
    Socket communication using TCP or UDP are available using this method.

The TCP/IP Manual is usually supplied with the E Controller on the CD supplied......Have a look in the manuals section here.....I've put the TCP/IP Manual in there.

Link for Hercules is: http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html

Hope this helps.............

• Ok, thanks for the link, I'll look at that tomorrow.
    I have seen D-controller robots working with vision, witch dit not have any extra options set up, just the basic TCP/IP settings in the robot controller.
    I don't know if this is an option, but in all the robots I work with these settings are there. (I always use TCP/IP to edit and back-up the running programs)

I have seen some commands in the vision program, using a TCP command (Like TCPsend, TCPreceive and so on)

I would like to know how this works, and what I can send and recieve.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do.

• Yep, the other options I mentioned need enabling and additional hardware as they are Fieldbus devices but the TCP/IP Functionality should already be ready to go without any additional hardware or enabling etc......

For sure......That's the information in the manual I've placed in the Kawasaki Child Board.......
    Includes the TCP_SEND etc and some example programs for Robot as Client or Server configurations (although I wouldn't guarantee they work as they are), but it'll assist you in setting some simple comms exchange with that Hercules application...to get a handle of things for testing......

Should be along the lines of what your looking for....... :top:

• kwakisaki,

We did not receive any manuals with the E-controller robots we have running, I will be contacting our supplier about that. In the mean time, is there a site where I can download the manuals ?

Thanks in advance.

• Surprised to hear about the manuals........you should have received a CD, that is usual place now.
    Hardware copies (save the trees) usually require additional payment upon order from my experience.
    However, I don't know of any websites for these to be freely downloaded, but you can check the section here:

E series manuals

To see if any members have kindly uploaded any.....
    Specifically the E Series Manuals Topic......it appears that a user here is kindly offering a selection of manuals which I assume include the standard manual set usually supplied.....

Advertising from our partners