New gripper programming help R-30iB

• Hi all,
    I Am working on a robot cell that was set up by an integrator with four gripper tools on a stand, now I Am adding a fifth gripper
    on a new stand at a different area on the cell, every thing is almost ready the only thing is that I can not unlock the tool, there is an Digital Input tool lock safety
    DI[1001] U OFF [Tool Lock Safety] and it is on only when the robot is close to the current stand and at the new stand it remains off locking the tool.
    How can I add the area close to the stand so it can turn off the safety so it will let me unlock the tool?

• You need to determine what is turning on DI[1001]. BG logic, sensor, PLC, reference position, space check function? Investigate these in the manual. There are many ways to turn on that DI when the robot is in position.What is the DI configured to?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• You can also add a line of code such as:

DI[1001]=ON ;

You can add it in your offset moves into the tool, and turn it off after you pick tool.

• What HawkME said.

I would talk to the integrator and ask how he set up the "tool lock" input. If the cell has a PLC master, my first guess would be it is in the PLC ladder logic. Only way to know is to find out how the system was designed.

That or find a way to program around it, like shawnt72 suggested. :top:

• I believe I found the setting for it, is a Cartesian position check the settings are in the DCS menu, I might have to ask the integrator for help.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners