video KRC1, KRC2

• Hi ,

I have a question about to visualize video without kcp , only with external monitor

in Krc1:

-logon expert
    -panel de control , video , y visualize kcp+ctr
    but when you restart this changes lost and you need to do again : panel de control , video , y visualize kcp+ctr

also i can do this:

-copy the files from cd instalation from the folder vga chips to c:
    -edit the file autoexec.exe with this line:
    CALL c:/sm.com

with this, you doesnt need go to control panel , the external monitor works at startup

In KRc2:

-just go to control panel , display options and choose both

but i want to visualize everything on a external monitor , the first lines that appears and the bios

its possible to visualize the bios on a external monitor ?

maybe you asked ,why? ??? sometimes i need to fix a robot , format hard drive , and the operator have a extarnal monitor but the lcd kcp doesnt work :wallbash:
    so, i pick another kcp and fix the hdd, format etc
    but what happend if doesnt available a kcp ? and i need to solve quickly the problem

so, its possible to visualize bios , and everithing on a external monitor?

thanks

• Well, with KRC1 and KRC2 you have to have KCP otherwise the robot will not work. In your case when you have HDD failure or something connecting monitor, keyboard and mouse should be helpful. If you want to got to bios settings then you can use keyboard. I do not remember exactly as its been long time I fixed something like this on KRC2 but after reaching to bios it should appear on external monitor as well. Gotta try next time. :hmmm:

With KRC4, robot can work without SmartPad but some of the functionalities would not be available. You can connect to the robot using VNC and perform various tasks.

Thanks

• Hello,

Thanks to this post, I was able to maintain external monitor with a VKRC1 robot after restart.

I put CALL command directly to the CHIPS folder like

CALL c:\Progra~1\CHIPS95\Sm.com and it works fine.

• For anyone looking in this thread with a similar problem: a KRC1 is still "just" a regular PC. It will boot and run with a non-KVGA video card. If you do repairs on KRC1s and often need to run them without a KCP, just get a 1995-era PCI VGA card off eBay and keep it in your toolbox. Swap it in, do your job, swap the KVGA back.

Advertising from our partners