External holding, hold button is on

• Hello,

I have robot model MH5 and controler NXC 100. I have message "External holdnig" and hold button is constantly on. I can not start servo on. Specific input external hold (#40067) and specific output hold button (#50073) are off. I don't know why I have this problem.

Lucas

• The hold circuit has nothing to do with servo power. The hold circuit only stops the robot from moving. Please check to make sure you don't have another message about an e-stop or servo off signal is on.

Also check 40170 to 40177 and 40180 to 40187 and 70022 and 80015 and 80035 and 80060 to see if any of these are on.

Robodoc

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked all signal which you mentioned and all of them are off. There is also alarm number 0330 wchich says:

VERIFY ERROR (SENSOR FUNCTION); Inconsistency was detected in the application setting parameters.; Correctly set the application setting parameters.

I was trying also to change cable and pendant from other Motoman but it's the same problem.

Lucas

• There is your problem. This is a Major alarm so you will not be able to do anything until you fix this alarm. Try to initialize the sensor function parameters and reload your backup. If you have the sensor function manual there is a section on how to setup the sensor function.

Robodoc

• Hello! I have a problem similar to this, when i hit start, the robot moves towards the starting position but shortly, the robot stops and the Hold button lights up and then it does not move any further. I have checked if the job works in the teach mode using test start and it seems to not have any problems, i need to mention that i have ran different operations using the same procedure.

Any help is appreciated,

I am a beginner and i operate an ES-165N-100 with NX100 controller.

Thank you

• I am not sure, i am an absolute beginner. I am running a milling program using MOTO-DCI, but i do believe that the hold command is coming from the PLC because i just pressed play.

Advertising from our partners