backing robot up ideas with wifi/sdcard

• Hi, I work for a company that refuses to shell out the money for the dtps software. I am trying to find an easy way besides swapping out the sd card all the time for updates.
    Reason being for the sd cards on the second teach pendant it has a damaged sd card slot. usb works fine but sd card slot on teach pendant is dead. now i did swap out the 128meg sd cards that they have internal to each robot so they could auto backup again.

My idea here is they make those sd cards that are 8 gigs and up that have wifi in them too. What i was thinking is finding one that does it as a file share and then using my computer to connect to each wifi / sdcard and mapping the sdcards to my computer and building a auto backup script for them. I am not sure if anyone has ever tried this but these cards are 20 a piece or so and 2 wireless cards are very cheap.

What are you guys thoughts on this or do you have any other ideas and again the company I work for refuses to shell out the money for the dpts software so that is out of the question.

Thank you.

Edited once, last by dfgas ().

• Don't get EyeFi if you want a free method to get the pics from camera to phone/tablet cuz soon as the free trial expires it's just a mem card. No way to use the wifi period.... Dot net Training in Chennai | Salesforce Training in Chennai :coeuranime:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cloud Computing Training in Chennai | Salesforce Training in Chennai :applaus:

• I don't know what you mean by monthly service fee. Wifi is just a connection method. If you go somewhere that offers a free wifi connection to the internet, like a coffee shop, then true wifi devices can use it. VMware Training in Chennai :icon_smile:

I imagine somebody will or has built a wifi dongle that attaches to your camera's USB port. Then the problem is getting the camera to use it. If cameras actually had an operating system (I know a few do), I'd guess that would not be an issue. VMware Training in Chennai :icon_smile:

Advertising from our partners