program transfer gone wrong!

• hi guys!, tried transfering a program from my old rj2 via rs... cable (no usb port back then). after backing up to pc I then eleminated it from the pendant to have more memory for other programing, after some time i tried to recupe the program from the pc but i'm getting an error on the pendant, something must have went wrong with the transfer, the program must be corrupt, now the pendant won't exept it. I was wondering if i chould open up the program on the pc in text format and try to correct what's wrong so it can be acceptable to be loaded back on to the pendant, for that I whould need some kind of tp editor so i can "visualize" it on pc because opening it with notebook just gives me funny looking careteres... any help? the program was quite long so it whoud be a shame if i had to redo it all over

• I have tried WINTPE but It wont load the program, so no chance on editing (correcting) the program that way :wallbash: what I need is some sort of software that converts the program into readable text then after correcting the problem lets me save and convert back to .tp

Yes, there is a small program named Printtp that permit the print of a TP program to an .LS file (text readable)

I tried opening Printtp (that comes with winolpc software) but after executing it it opens up command prompt then quickly closes :icon_frown:
    dont know if it will enable me to edit and save the .tp or will just let me visualize in text...

• You might have to do this in windows XP. I have to use XP to convert karel variable files and I assume this is the same type of application.

Any way.... you have to use command window to run application

First store the .tp program in the same folder as the printtp application.

navigate cmd.exe to that folder, type: printtp PROGRAMNAME.tp PROGRAMNAME.ls

press enter.

this will spit out a .ls file that you will be able to open with any kind of text editor.

You can reverse this by using the maketp application.

maketp PROGRAMNAME.ls PROGRAMNAME.tp

• thanx for the info shalletk, i tried it out but i get
    error/APPL
    error/MN
    error /POS
    after it just converts the header of the program into. ls the rest is lost :icon_frown:

• the program got corrupted so theirs no way of loading it on to the tp nor on my pc, No hope i guess, just have to reedo the program and hope that next time it transfers without any problems. thanx to all the same :top:

Advertising from our partners