Ethernet/IP adapter in Roboguide?

• Does anyone know whether the Ethernet/IP Adapter (option R784) is supposed to work when running in Roboguide?

As far as I know I've set it up correctly (followed the documentation), but I cannot get the Status of the Slot to change to ONLINE, or in fact to anything but OFFLINE.

Have configured DO/DI (rack 89, slot 1, start 1, range length == 16 x nr_of_words), restarted controller multiple times. No effect.

frvirtual.exe is listening on UDP 2222, but not on 44818.

• Has anyone had success with the thread edgar_martin94 linked? It was also my understanding that roboguide does not have a driver implementation for an ethernet adapter to communicate outside of the software (probably intentional). Roboguide does however provide a small doorway to an external communication link through OPC. At the bottom of the cell browser tree theres an object called external devices. Here you can make custom connections to an opc server thus bridging the gap from di/do gi/go to anything on the outside that can be an opc client. This means a real plc, hmi, simulated hardware, pc, android, ethernet lan, internet, profibus, serial, etc. Your imagination is the limit.

• Roboguide does however provide a small doorway to an external communication link through OPC. At the bottom of the cell browser tree theres an object called external devices. Here you can make custom connections to an opc server thus bridging the gap from di/do gi/go to anything on the outside that can be an opc client.

This is what I'm testing in these days.
    I have strange behaviours with DI/DO/GI/GO, because a lot of them are not passed properly to the OPC server: it's like some of the bits are randomly written. I have not understood yet the logic or the cause of that.

A partial solution I found is using BGLogic to copy all DOs to registers R, and pass these registers to the OPC server instead of DO/GO.
    In this way all the outputs are passed correctly to OPC.
    But I still have problems with DI/GI, because I can't write DI using R.

What rack/slot configuration should I use?

• You can actually do this. There is a sys var that has to be set (EIP_ENBL_IO). In fact I did this just last week with a L30ERM. This variable exists only in RG.

Hi Rumblefish, I have the same setup on my desk like yours. PLC 5069-L330ERM and roboguide V8.30; yet I can not seem to have any connection. Can you share some details of your connection, or share some setup file's ? thx,

Edited once, last by Scipio: Sorry, After a few hours of trial and error its working fine, double faults (when one fault masks the other) are always the hardest to tackle. ().

Advertising from our partners