Offset position

• I want to create a program with a reconfigurable path according to external feedback (ex.: camera).

So, i try to found a way to have a reference position that all path will refer to (ex.: Fanuc Uframe) and being able to dynamically change value while program running.

Anyone as already done that ?
    :help:

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

• Hi Lerak,

I haven't tried this in some time, but what you should be able to do is define a feature plane in the Installation settings, and set that plane feature to a variable (checkbox at the bottom of the feature screen.) Set your waypoints with respect to that variable plane feature, and when you update the feature plane variable based on your external feedback, your path should update as well.

• Hi Lerak,

Were you able to get this working? I have done some work with vision system and know some of the pain points in getting it to work with the UR in the manner that you want it to. If you are still needing any assistance let me know

• Hi Matthew !

Not with the performance i search !
    I explain:

If i define a plane according to camera data and push that in vars, the problem appears if i need to touchup some points in the path and have no more access to the original part with the original offset.
    So, since the offset with camera data is in program variable, if i want to do touchup, the program abort and the real offset (the actual one) is lost !
    Then, the touchup refer to initial plane data, not the actual one !!!

I think this could be solve by keyentry of the camera data manually, but open big big boxes to create error !
    Not sure if it's clear ? ???

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

• Lerak,

Maybe something like this would help:

Define a position (a pose) that would be the 'origin' for the next moves.

Define the next moves by re-using the 'origin' coordinates.
    So that if you change the 'origin', all the next moves simply follow, just as if they were all relative to the origin.

In this example (attached), 'acp' is the centre of the polygon, and is used like an origin.
    The points of the polygon are calculated by re-using the X&Y coordinates of the pose 'acp', like x=acp[0], y=acp[1]

Advertising from our partners