inverter to krc2

• How fast and easiest way to connect the inverter to krc2 teeth to control the spindle rotation an extra star and stop the spindle and of left and right turns what equipment to buy to what you propose how it's done what you need to do to is to start with robots just starting the adventure as I am not familiar at this topic

• So I read about it only because there colleague had all the equipment already and I'm in Trakia buy and do not know what to choose exactly what to look for to construct the first time I'll be trying on a new job. Before someone else did it for one job, we have an inverter connected to the foot has two choices velocity and on / off control krc2.drugi robo no unit on the outside and is manually operated KRC1. Well, now the third robot which we want to start with regulace turnover and on / off the inverter will have found what you think about it http://www.tme.eu/en/details/s…inverters/lg-electronics/ I do not know what DeviceNet and maybe something else I've never had that dealing with what may inverter connected directly without DeviceNet :help: :help: :fish:

• to connect two devices they need to share common interface. in general inverter can use different interfaces, such as digital/analog I/O or fieldbus(DeviceNet for example). also type of control can ve different (start/stop and select predefined fixed speeds, or maybe use reversing and/or control speed continuously using analog etc).

whatever you choose must work both for inverter and robot (if it is to work at all). for example if using digital i/o, levels and polarity (PNP/NPN) need to match.

if this was done already on other robot, and you need same type of control/functionality just duplicate interfaces and settings. if this is not exactly the same, you need to choose what you want to do with it and how. that will define interface requirements which then need to be made available at the robot.

planing and design will of course need more data:
    - real inverter documentation, not just link to an online store (configuration, startup, integration of safety, error recovery)
    - look at the IOSYS.INI and DEVNET.INI
    - look at the programs (archive) to see what I/O is available and what is unused

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• hello widelec,

i don't mean to be harsh or rude, and sorry if this is blunt (i would like to help though) but you are not letting people help you. in fact this topic has more than 130 views so far and no takers (other than me). problem is that you don't communicate too well.

for example your last post - is it a question or statement? you still made no indication if you want to hire someone or tackle this yourself. i am guessing it is the last one but in this case mentioning Trakia is without merit. also i already mentioned what the process normally is but - you are not providing details. for conversation to be productive, you need to be very specific. i am not going to start googling manuals for you. in fact i don't really want to read them either (still too much effort on my end). if you need help, you need to do some legwork...

you need to start by getting the manual for your inverter and see how you can control functions you need controled, what to set for parameters that will not change, etc.

once you know type and number of I/Os required you can choose suitable interface: either phisical I/O or some fieldbus (like DeviceNet) if your inverter supports it.

then we can talk more...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ok - much better...
    so how do you want to control it? just start/stop, direction control, speed...?

there is optional Modbus but i don't see DeviceNet options for this VFD so if you want to use DeviceNet, you will need to use Wago modules for example.
    Another thing is that VFD inputs are 12VDC instead of usual 24V and on the robot you have no drivers enabled in IOSYS.INI.

you can:
    1. add DeviceNet I/O to your robot and test it.
    2. use the robot outputs to control VFD (inverter), you can monitor status of the VFD directly since relay contact
    3. if you like to adjust VFD speed from KCP, your DeviceNet I/O will also need an analog output among your I/O

to create DeviceNet network you can use MFC (which is always DeviceNet master).
    you need to wire the bus using devicenet cable (shielded 4-conductor with overall shield) and two 120 Ohm resistors.
    bus also need to be powered (i've used power from cabinet for many years even though it is 27.1V instead usual 24V).
    make sure to install fuse on bus power (2-4A is common).
    For I/O you can use bus coupler such as 750-306 with some digital IO (and analog if you like).
    if the robot outputs are not isolated or you just want to play safe, you may use interposing relays (this will fix issue of dissimilar voltages).

once the wiring is all done and no smoke is let out, you can do the configuration changes.
    setup bus coupler to have unique node and same baud rate as MC. for example set dip switches 1 and 8 ON, everything else is off (this means 500kbps and node address is 1).

then edit DEVNET.INI to use macid=1 instead of 5 (of use different dip switch configuration)

finally edit IOSYS.INI:
    1. enable devnet driver by removing semicolon
    2. map I/O to robot under [DEVNET] section

for example if your I/O block is consisting of 2x 750-402 and 2x 750-504 then you will need to do something like:

this is DEVNET.INI

Code
    [krc]
    debug=0
    baudrate=500

[1]
    macid=1

This is IOSYS.INI

3) read 1 and 2

• define "enough"

if you only have robot inputs and no outputs, you can get signals from inverter. actually there is just one relay output. technically yes, that is still an interface but you cannot contol inverter from KRC without outputs on the robot.

3) read 1 and 2

• 1. I provided an example of commonly used I/Os and their configuration. This MAY get you going if you understand what i meant (i don't think you do, otherwise you would have output modules too, maybe analog I/O as well).
    2. You need someone (not me) to define goals and scope of work and do design. I may offer advice and point you in the right direction but thats about it.
    3. Did you read the manuals? Do you know what signals you need? Did you consider doing bench test of the inverter using buttons instead of robot outputs?
    4. do you know voltage levels for inverter signals and how to wire them to robot I/Os?
    5. Connector on the left is the bus connector, terminals on the right are power terminals. Did you read the manuals for the modules?
    6. do you use DeviceNet? Do you know how to wire it DeviceNet? did you search this forum section?

look at attached image, it shows some of the inverter signals:
    green - Digital inputs of the drive (must be controlled by digital outputs from robot, except emergency stop signal which need to be hardwired into safety circuit)
    red - Analog inputs of the drive (may be controlled by analog outputs from robot... your decision...!?)
    blue - Digital output(s) of the drive (should be connected to robot digital inputs to check if faulted/ready for example). one is relay output and other is transistor...

• Pick drive that has interface your robot uses.

Of course one can also add Any bus gateway but is going to cost extra plus setup requires additional steps...

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners