ABB USB teach pendant problem

• Hi All,

My first post so go easy on me please.

I have bought 2 brand new Kingston 8gb USB sticks for backing up the ABB flex pendant. The problem is the robot doesn't recognise it. I've tried formatting to NTFS and FAT32 but still no joy. I tried the other brand new stick out of the packaging, same result. Is there something I may have missed or are they just dud usb sticks ?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for the replies guys.

I've tried partitioning to 2gb and that doesn't work either.
    My colleagues have anywhere between 4gb - 64gb usb sticks and they all work in the pendant albeit the 64gb stick is super slow backing up for obvious reasons. I think I'll just resign myself to the fact that this batch of Kingston usb sticks don't work on the ABB flex pendant. :icon_frown:

• I have a couple of Verbatim 8GB that work just fine. Sometimes it takes a few seconds and sometimes about 5 minutes for the BD0 to show up. Not sure if the difference is because of software rev levels or with the robots that seem to take a long time having a lot of background tasks. I did have one that would not load from the front of the controller but did from the pendant, not sure of the reason for that either.
    I always make sure to use an empty drive, having anything on the drive seems to slow it down too. Try leaving it in for a while.
    Good luck

Advertising from our partners