Reading the complete IO settings

• Hi there,

I am new to Fanuc RoboGuide and i am currently working with a cell that i created using a backup from a excisting system.
    Because some sensors are not working in the simulation i want to set them manually (override them). :help:

I found a way to do this using the TeachPendant (TP). For example i need to activate DI [1052] to confirm that the clamp i am using is closed.
    The DI will never become true because in the simulation there is no sensor to notice this. So to overwrite this DI, I use the TP to find the corresponding Input.
    I do this by pressing the I/O key on the TP, look for DI[1052], press F2 (CONFIG), there i see that i can find:DI[1051-1074] RACK 99 SLOT 1 START 17.
    So that means i need RACK 99 SLOT 1 DI[18]. Then i open the Robot browser, locate the DI and put it ON or OFF.
    You can imagine that this is a lot of work to do for each single DI. :love029:

To do this faster i need an overview of all the I/O settings so i can adjust them faster.

If you guys know where to find some sort of overview, Please tell me.
    Or if you know any other way to do this better, faster, smarter or whatever, I would like to know :icon_smile:

• I tried that. I created the DI's i needed using the initial setting tab.
    But it does not effect the program.

I might be doing it wrong so i explain what i do:

• Open the Logic Simulation Assistent.
      • I see all light grey, nonadjustable text. except for a few lines I do not need to change (like waits etc.).
        So i open the initial setting tab and add the DI's there and set the value so the program would keep running.
      • Then i open the TP and run the program. It gets stuck at the same line as it did before. :uglyhammer2:

• Still not working, this is what i did:

• Ran the program in the TP to figure out what DI i had to turn ON or OFF for the program to keep running

• Added all the found DI's to the initial settings tab and gave them their default value (I checked the Valid boxes)

• Ran the program using the Cycle start button which i set to only simulate robot1 and bypass robots 2 to 4

The program gets stuck at the same point as it did before. When i open the TP is can see that it got stuck at the same DI as it did before.
    Again, it could be me just being a retard.

Thanks for the help though so far :icon_wink:

• So when i want to simulate the input, i can do that with the TP using the I/O menu.
    But there are so many of these inputs, and i have to do this for many robots.
    So i would like to create a program that does these changes for me.

To do this i need the file that configures the IO in the simulation, any idea where to find this file?

Advertising from our partners