I just bought a Kuka 150 with KRC1, I am looking for documentation

• Howdy folks,
    Those Germans and their proprietary... is it just due to the industrial nature of these robots, that documentation is very, very difficult to find?
    I am so surprised to find that PDFs for these Kukas appears to be absent from the net.
    Anyhow, I would sure appreciate some heads ups, links, or files being sent right to me, for any documentation for this older 'bot.
    I suspect Kuka no longer offers friendly support of these older models, is this true, and if so, where would I be able to find for example, the software, in case I have to reinstall the windows 95 and/or the Kuka software, or the hardware manuals for a 150?
    I read through this forum and greatly appreciated what I could glean, but the manuals section is light when it comes to the actual robots' hardware manuals.
    My buddy and I intend to make wooden bears and eagles (we live in an area with extensive fire damaged trees) and use the Kuka to machine the foam plugs for a Ferrari Dino replica (we were looking into a 5-axis router, but the Kuka makes more sense and is far less expensive). We are also planning on picking up some more Kukas as they become cheaply available on ebay for donation to our county's innovation lab and our local High School's robotics group.
    We have Solidworks and HSM, and with RoboDK, it looks like the pathway from virtual model to the real thing could not be "easier". I have played around with CNC Toolkit inside of Autodesk 3ds Max Design also, expecting that the High School and innovation lab might make use these free tools.
    Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

• what do you mean it is hard to find? you don't have to look for it, every robot was delivered with drawing set and other documentation. and if you need it, did you try contacting Kuka?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have not contacted Kuka yet and my robot does not have documentation. I jumped into this head first and only started my robot research a week ago.
    I was going to buy/build a 5-axis router large enough to router the foam for a kit car plug when, thinking that maybe the wrists from industrial robots could be repurposed as the 4th & 5th axis of a router, discovered that complete industrial robots are amazingly inexpensive.
    I guess I falsely assumed, based upon past experience with German manufacturers (I am a cryogenic refrigeration engineer), that it would be very difficult, or very expensive to acquire documentation direct from Kuka for such an old machine.
    Now, I guess I will contact Kuka. Thanks.

Advertising from our partners