Controlling the robot TCP speed

• Hi,

We have KUKA KR-120 QUANTEC EXTRA HA (KRC4) in our Robotic Lab.

Anyone here has an experience on configuring the robot to move at a constant speed ?

I'm programming the robot to move at a certain path and I need it to move on the path at a constant speed in a very high precision

• Set $vel.cp to your desired m/s velocity and add 'c_vel' approximation attribute after each motion command. You may also want to set $acc.cp for acceleration along the path. Note that these don't work for PTP motions.

• You can not control cartesian velocity in PTP movements. You will have to switch to CP movements. At least switch to SPL-Segments inside a CP-Spline block, because CP-Splines are programmed like olf PTPs only with added jerk and Cartesian velocity bounds. You can transform your axis positions using the built in FORWARD function to cartesian space.

Fubini

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• Damn, I hope they will add the AXIS support in the next versions.

Fubini, Thank you very much - I will give it a try using the FORWARD function

Can i use the forward function INSIDE the CP-Spline block?

• Hi,

PTP moves always use the programmed status and turn. In CP programmed motions status and turn are not used. In CP moves the status is kept at the value in the CP moves beginning and turn is determined by a shortest path rule in interpolation. Hence you will follow the same cartesian positions as with PTP but might realise them with different axis angles.

Fubini

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• And I thought we were talking about switching from PTPs to CPs inside a CP spline block, because you wanted to control cartesian velocity. Of course in PTP moves it does not matter because the fitting status and turn are a reslut of you forward call.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners