R-J3iB controller image backup- stuck at first line

• Hello everyone!

I need help with a controller image backup.
    We buyed 2 secondhand robots and we need to install the Ethernet IP option. In order to do that I have to back an image of the controller to send it to Fanuc guys.

My problem is that it gets stuck at first line .

''Writing MC:\FROM00.IMG (1/18)
    and it blinks here.

The MC i'm using is a Kingston Compact Flash 4gb.
    I have attached a picture with the TP.

Thanks in advance !

• The problem is the size of the card. You will need to find a card around 32 or 64 mega bytes.

That is certainly the easiest way, but the 32- and 64MB cards are hard to get these days.

Fat 16 is able to reach 4GB, but the robot is not able to handle the corresponding clustersize of 64KB.

So the trick is :
    Erase al the partitions on the card, and then make a new (primary) partition of 32 or 64 MB, and format it in Fat16.
    Leave the rest of the card empty.

It definitively works on a 2GB-card. (I have a working one with a partition of 32MB)

• Thank you all for your sugestions!

I solved the problem by downsizing the CF from 4GB to 64 MB and it worked . Thank you kluk - kluk for your sugestion!
    I m new on this forum but in the future I will try to help too with what i can.

• hello there, i have a question , did u do a backup from a R-2000iA robot with a R-j30iB controller? because i also bought a robot and a controller in separate ways in secondhand but the controller has preload a painting robot and i want to change it to the other one beacuse im having problems with the wold coordinate movements.... the thing is , i want to know if you have a backup image from that, and if you could share it please , thanks, greetings

• hello there, i have a question , did u do a backup from a R-2000iA robot with a R-j30iB controller? because i also bought a robot and a controller in separate ways in secondhand but the controller has preload a painting robot and i want to change it to the other one beacuse im having problems with the wold coordinate movements.... the thing is , i want to know if you have a backup image from that, and if you could share it please , thanks, greetings

Given the fact that your reposting in a thread titled:

R-J3iB controller image backup- stuck at first line

I think it's safe to assume that this is not about R30iB controllers.

Do you have an RJ-3iB or an R-30iB? There is no RJ30iB, and I am not sure if there was ever an R-2000 iA that worked with an R30 controller.

• HawkME

Closed the thread.

Advertising from our partners