IP addresses in network configuration of KRC4?

• Hello,

I have computer and PLC with IP addresses 192.168.250.(1 and 2). The computer program communicate with PLC and read/write some commands. And I have 2 robots KRC4 (also linked to computer) that have default addresses 172.31.1.147. :justice:

I want to share folder and send files to robot, but it was not successful at my first try. Do I need to change addresses of 2 KRC to 192.168.250.(3 and 4) or change the PLC and computer addresses?? ??? Does it important to have one IP address in my network? :icon_frown: I heared that IP changes in robot can make some communication problem, is this right? Thank you

Edited once, last by Mikail ().

• Hi Mikail,

Yes, you have to change the IP address either on KRC or your computer/PLC. They should be in the same subnet that means if you choose to have IP addresses 192.168.250.X then all the devices in the network should have the same IP in order to communicate.

Now, choice is yours which one you want to change. You can easily change the IP address on KRC4 (KLI Interface) by following the menu Start Up>Network Configuration and in that you may change the ip of 172.31.1.147 to your desired one.

BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE IP ON KRC4 192.168.0.1 in any case otherwise you will enter into trouble.

Follow the System Integrator Manual and it will guide you tep by step.

• I still didnt get it to work :wallbash: I lived robots with 172.31.1.147 and 172.31.1.148. For PC I assigned 172.31.1.149. All are in HOME networks and I tried to share folders at each of them ??? Why it does not work :waffen100: Crossover direct connection. Firewalls are off. Any sagestions, please?

• Are you able to ping the KRC4 from your computer or ping other devices from KRC4?

If not it means the communication is not established. There may something wrong for with your hardware or other settings. Please be sure with the settings and it should be working.

Thanks

• after you change IP address on robot, robot must be forced into cold start with reload files option (requires login as Expert, then go to menu>Startup...)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• yes, I am able to ping both KRC4 from PC. Moreover I can see the shared folders if use Run window (Start > Run > \\172.31.1.147) but I cannot access them.

Cold reboot with reload files was performed

• It is really interesting :icon_confused: I can access the shared folder on PC through \\ip-number\foldername, but when I try to access shared folder on KRC it showes window: Windows cannot access \\COMPUTERNAME. You do not have permission... And there is no any login or password window

What to do in this case?

• That's very odd. Hm.... try this: look up the NET USE command for Windows. Use that to map the shared folder on the robot to a drive letter on your computer. NET USE will allow you to apply a username and password even when Windows isn't giving you a pop-up asking for them.

• I'm not sure if it's entirely relevant to your situation, but in my experience I could only get the code on my KRC4 to write to folders on the robots C: and D: drives. mounting the folders from the windows side works great, you just cannot access network locations from inside your code. I got around this by running a windows app that monitors the C:\blah folder for my files then moves them to the network location automatically.

You might make some progress by looking into the mount() command in the Cwrite / Swrite set of functions, I didn't manage to figure that one out yet myself though.

Good Luck!

On second thought, since you are trying to get files into the robot, Share a folder on the robot, and then mount that from the windows PC, rather than sharing a folder on the windows PC and mounting it from the robot.
    This gets around the limitation of the robot code being unable to access network folders. you might need to create a user account on the robot controller and set the NTFS and share permissions of the folder to allow that user to access it. (which is what skyefire said...)

Edited once, last by Toastee ().

Advertising from our partners