"Immediate stop is valid. Operate?"

• I am working on a dx100 controller with two ma1400 robots and whenever I try to either externally start the robot, or start from the pendant, I get a message saying "Immediate stop is valid. Operate?".

I have to acknowledge this message at the pendant before the robot will start which is no good. Does anyone know what causes this message? I can't find anything in any manuals.

• This is an FSU function;

From the FSU maual;
    When the IMMEDIATE STOP is set to VALID, the stop category of the robot and external axes is set to 0. Be sure to return the IMMEDIATE STOP to INVALID after measuring the coasting value.
    • If the start operation is performed when the IMMEDIATE STOP is VALID, a confirmation dialog box appears. Select [YES] and perform the start operation again to perform playback.

How to Change the Stop Category
    To measure the coasting value, the stop category can be changed.
    In the COASTING VALUE SETTING screen, select IMMEDIATE STOP to show INVALID and VALID. Select one of them to display the READBACK screen in the same way when editing the coasting value. Check that the READBACK VALUE is the same as the value shown right next to the selected item of INVALID or VALID. Then press [YES] to switch between INVALID and VALID.

That's all I know.

Robodoc

• I don't have the option to select the coasting screen under the robot menu. I am in management mode. The fsu manual states that this screen will not be shown if there are no external axes. I don't have any external axes, so it makes sense that I don't see this screen, but then how do I get rid of the message popup? And why is it popping up if it only seems to apply to external axes when I don't have one?

Advertising from our partners