touch sense

• hi.
    maybe you known when you use a touch sense funtion you need to master your piece with a master offset frame.
    there is someone who knows where is saved the master offset data.
    Iknow you can saved an offset into a PR but it needs to have reference with an offset master, do you where it is?

• let me explain you.
    for example , you make your master first and it is 1mm out of piece in x+ (for example).
    if you master it you have an offsett =0 right?.
    if you put the second piece and the wire is now 2mm out of the piece in x+ you are getting an offset=1 right?.
    you can look that offset is 0 and you can look your offset is 1. but i don't know where is the value of 1mm

• I belive it goes like this:
    1. You have a piece and you teach a robot a point on that piece.
    2. Before you use Touch Sensing, you have to master it. You have to do this on the same piece you tought a point on it. If you move it before you mastering it, the point will not be on the same spot on the piece after mastering as you wish.

I'm not sure where the information about original piece is stored...

Can you explain why you need this?

• yeah that is correct.
    the problem sometimes is that there is not original piece and it impliess to taugh every weld again. sometimes mechanical adjust sometimes you need just to adjust a few the piece, sometimes programmers like me run touch sense without know it has not master on, sometimes you need to change frame but after the piece was removed and just with a few welds.

• Well you can always make small changes with touching up points without mastering. Just got through program with master flag off in step mode and correct the points.

If you are not getting good results try:
    - reduce speed of search
    - check contact tip if using wire for touching
    - check TCP
    - touch sides of the workpiece you know it is inside tolerance

I also avoid rusty surfaces and 3D shift + rotation. I often just look for x and y of the start of the weld and i let TAST do the rest ...

• Basically when you master your part an offset is always zero, then on second part and so on your offset is stored in PRs.
    Your mastering data is also stored in your program you just mastered, but I don't know how to display that information.

Number of PR depends on what did you put into your touch schedule.
    Originally it's PR 32 but you can easily change it.
    To see your offset simply go to DATA -> POSITION REG -> NUMBER OF PR YOUR SCHEDULE IS SET FOR

Hopefully it helps
    Greg

Edited once, last by greg1973 ().

• i think the same. that it is on the program, but not in the .ls cause you lost mastering data if you load it. but i dont know how to proved it.
    thank you, wathever, at the end you need to make a touch up in case you lost the master

• Hello,

Did someone solve this topic/problem?

I would also need to know where the mastering data of the touch schedule is saved and how to display it...

Thanks and Br,

• Hi I have a question about touch sensing. I’m very new to the program and am virtually entirely self taught. I’ve got the gist of what’s going on but I’m wondering how to get something right. So the problem is that I’m welding a rectangular box. The main straight line is perfect basically every time, but the end cap welds which are U shaped, but squared at the corners, are missing and it’s welding on top of the part instead of the seam every time, making it look like it squeezed my lines in all the way around. I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong. If you need further clarification please ask questions, like I said I’m new so I’ll try to be as clear as possible.

• Braanii, I know that you can access the mastering data within your touch frames. You access those by pressing menu, highlighting setup and moving over until you find “touch frames” those are what your touch schedules tap into for mastering info. Your x-y-z needs to be recorded into those prior to setting up your schedules and search programs.

Advertising from our partners