Restoring Image backup

• If I have taken image backup of my robot, when the robot was at random physical position, and I do the restore when the robot is at another positon, do I have to take certain actions towards callibration, or will the robot start up without any further actions necessary?

• When you do an image backup you should have your robot in the ZERO posistion. Meaning that all pulse count read zero when you hit the posistion button on the TP. This also means that all of the Fanuc hash marks should line up. At this point you will need to rest the PCA (pulse coder alarm) power the robot down after you have done this and turn it back on. From there you will need to master and calibrate your robot. When this is done I would walk through your program chances are things have changed.

• For years I thought I was losing my mind on the Image re-loading process because you do it so infrequently that you sometimes forget the steps you took previously. A few weeks back I had to do an image restore on two different robots on the same day. The one robot was a total lose and I ended up having to remaster the robot, the other robot loaded just fine and they didn't have to deal with mastering issues or anything. It just ran!

But as the previous post stated, ALWAYS PUT THE ROBOT TO ALL ZEROES IF YOU CAN PRIOR TO LOADING BACKUPS!

• This should only be used, if the robot has not been recalibrated since you Image was taken. If a motor, or internal cables have been replaced between the time you Image was taken and restored, The robot WILL NOT go where you expect it to.

Pulse Mismatch Recovery procedure

1. Menus
    2. 0 “next page”
    3. 6 “system”
    4. F1 Type
    5. Master Cal (If Master Cal option is not there, see instructions below, then pickup from this spot again)
    6. press F3 RES_PCA
    7. answer yes F4
    8. Cycle power on the Robot.
    9. Menus
    10. 0 “next page”
    11. 6 “system” (On RJ2 5 will be “System)
    12. F1 “type”
    13. Variables
    14. $DMR_GROUP
    15. press enter twice.
    16. First variable should say “master done = False. Change it to true.
    17. F1 “type”
    18. Master Cal
    19. 6 Calibrate
    20. answer yes
    21. message should say Robot Calibrated.

If Master Cal menu selection is Missing.
    1. Menus
    2. 0 “next page”
    3. 6 “system”
    4. Variables
    5. $MASTER_ENB = 0
    6. Change to 1
    7. press Enter
    8. F1 Type
    9. MASTER CAL should now be there.

• Dear Robot Dr,
    1) Am I wright that the procedure you described can always be used if an image backup was taken with all axes at 0° and the restore is done with all axes at 0°?
    2) Do all the axes have to be at 0° for image and restore, or is it just a matter that the axes positions are the same for backup and restore?
    3) Is the same procedure always to be followed for backup all of above?
    4) What are the consequences if the image or backup all of above was not taken with all axes at 0°?

• provided that the physical connection between the encoder/motor/reducer is exactly the same as when the image was taken. The above procedure will recover the robot regardless of the position relative to when the image was taken. i use this all the time when i am working on a production machine off shift. take an image before you start, and dump it back in when you are done with your shift.

the last thing you ever want to do is zero master a robot. you are never going to get it perfect, and even if you did, it is unlikely that it was perfect before.

• So I think a 'zero master' could only be necessary if something in the fysical connection motor-encoder changed in between the image backup and restore?
    For this 'zero master' are there specific fysical callibration tools (from Fanuc) necessary?

• Zero mastering an axis is you telling the robot that you know the axis is at exactly 0 degrees. the robot will take the current encoder counts and form a relationship between them and the angle. it will happily go about its business but the robot will be the wrong shape. it will not be able to make right angles, and your frames will be warped. most of the time a small error is not an issue, and user frames help reduce this error further.

in mastering any joint you have several pieces of information that have to be considered.

Real world data
    current angle of joint
    current encoder count (encoder position and motor revolutions)

Calculated data
    Mastered angle of joint
    Encoder count at mastered zero (encoder position and motor revolutions)

If quick reference was setup
    Reference angle of joint (in radians)
    Reference encoder counts (encoder position and motor revolutions)

The relationship between the angle and the encoder count must remain static in order to restore mastery properly. ie $DMR_GRP[1].$MASTER_COUN[1]=26218 and J1 = 0. It is important to note that the master counts from the factory don't actually all refer to 0 degrees. the count is a 32 bit number and i want to say the first 18 bits are for the motor revolutions. i back calculated the master position for a robot once, and it appeared to be the way it would sit in a jig as they build it. the quick mastery data will find the current angle based off of this relationship, and correct the real world angle. if you provide the robot with two pieces of information, it can provide the other one.

for example

real world angle ? somewhere near zero
    real word encoder count = 285255646
    reference angle -1.527 (90 degrees)
    reference encoder count = -17521654

the robot will calculate the real world angle (within one motor rev)

in a Zero mastery you are providing all of the information.
    real world angle ZERO (probably not)
    real world encoder count = 285255646
    master angle = ZERO (because you told it to)
    master encoder count = -17521654 = this number recalculated by based on the robot form factor.

this changes the relationship between zero degrees and the encoder count.

fanuc makes a couple of tools to recover mastery on robots, the fixture mastery involves replacing the EOA with some dial indcators and touching off of the robots base. they have iRCalibration to do it with cameras. i have not worked with it yet, but i hear it works great as long as you have the space in your cell. otherwise you are left with setting up a reference point somewhere in your cell that is saved in JOINT representation so that when the world frame is recalculated it still attempts to go to the same point in physical space. put a dial indicator or a feeler gauge and there and run the robot there. adjust the joint in question untill it reads properly and single axis master it. this will NOT give you the correct mastery, but it will give you the SAME mastery that you had before which is what you want.

• DuhbCakes. :merci:
    Your statement was very informative for me. But still I could not do my RJ2 S420 IR F robot calibration . I live in Turkey. More 'm new in the Fanuc robot. None of the robot is not calibrated I started to work and not any configuration match. I still do not understand exactly what to do during and calibration settings before calibration . After calibrating the robot as far as I can not pass the CRVO -050 error code.

• DuhbCakes. :merci:
    Your statement was very informative for me. But still I could not do my RJ2 S420 I F robot calibration . I live in Turkey. More 'm new in the Fanuc robot. None of the robot is not calibrated I started to work and not any configuration match. I still do not understand exactly what to do during and calibration settings before calibration . After calibrating the robot as far as I can not pass the SRVO -050 error code. I apologize for spelling errors.

• Use these pictures to see if you have mastered it correctly. The Servo 50 alarm is a collision detection alarm. It may not be mastered correctly.
    It could be something is wrong with the robot.
    Also the Servo 50 is associated with an axis.
    Press menu then 4 and write down the complete alarm. then post it here.

• This information wouldn't apply to an S420i arm, but with any arm that has FUT/NDB configuration potential, you can use a procedure that teaches points in different configurations, then interpolate and arrive at a more accurate mastering than zero mastering. Fanuc calls it "accuracy enhancement techniques" . It would give a less accurate mastering than the iR Vision calibration or the mastering fixture, but the only cost is a couple hours time.

• Racermike123 and DuhbCakes :merci: My thank you for your interest.
    Fanuc ' RJ2 420 IR W somehow I can not calibrate my robot . Added details if you help someone in a way ; I'm very happy. I want to tell my problem from the beginning. ' RJ2 420 IR W' robots when I was finished batteries . There was no calibration . All software had entered a very different situation . After a while I read the book I started working on robots. I did not in any way can not move at first. After doing some short-circuit in the inbox as described in the book along with the robot opening the " PREV and NEXT 'button to press together ' UNIT, START' I started in options . robot opened with many errors after doing some initial settings. ' IMSTP , SRVO - 075, SRVO - 062' ' like a robot , after making the necessary adjustments to correct many errors ' I move on 'JOIN ' position. Mean while it makes no mistakes. My robot is moving smoothly and no alarm .' Variables $ DMR_GRP $ MASTER_COUN,$ REF_POS, $ REF_COUN' all looks the value to zero. According to the reset line later on I'm going to set my robot calibration. It's like ninety degrees as described in my book robot . After this point in the book , and I do the calibration method described in the brochure which can I do after the calibration process ' SRVO -050 group1 A3 ' I get the error . I also take this alarm is ' WORD ' position X, Y, Z direction crashes in most places we do and is made apparent shift in axis. Then ' JOIN ' movement 're not even in my swirl robot , the robot is crashing like a place to stand . ' RJ2 420 I W' if you help robots for the pre- set calibration and I 'm so glad. I'm learning English for newer, sorry for my mistake. Respect for everyone.

• Byrol your English is hard to understand so we must be careful.
    I want to be sure of some things.
    Were you using this robot in production?
    Did the batteries go dead?
    After you replaced the batteries and mastered the robot are the robot positions wrong?

• Racermike123
    I want to use robots in production. Robots came to me a finished battery case. After resetting the battery and software could not move the robot. After robot 'Mastered' alarm as I did and I get told and doing the robot's sixth axis shift in the axis movement.

Advertising from our partners