Offline Editing PR(Vr) and IO files in OLPCPro

• Hello All,

I am using OLPCpro to edit/expand an existing robot program. I need to add 300 position registers to it.
    I saved out the posreg.vr file as a .va file to be able to do this offline, after changing the array # and copying the registers in and commenting in the OLPCpro editor, It will not let me "build/load" the file back to the virtual controller. The button for build is greyed out.
    The variable editor in OLPCpro is ok for a few registers, however it is cumbersome for the amount that I require.

Does anyone know how to get the edited file back into the Virtual Controller? I would also like to edit the io file offline.

Thanks in advance!

• the array size needs to be set by the controller to exceed the original number of PRs. the default is 100. I know for 30iA and 30iB you can change this in controlled start via the program setup screen. it also allows you to bump up the number of user frames and such. the robots i have already have the extended frames, and extended data options installed, but the default settings are no different. Keep in mind that all that takes up memory, and some older robots will need a hardware upgrade.

• Thanks DuhbCakes,

I have since learned that an additional 300 registers is not possible. The max Limit of Position Registers in i30a/B is limited to 372. So my original Idea is out the window. The question is still out there about editing the POSREG.va(ascii) file offline and getting it back into the controller like the LS files. Any Ideas?

I've tried to do it from the teach Pendant in Controlled start and through export to/from loadset. But no luck yet.

Thanks!

• The question is still out there about editing the POSREG.va(ascii) file offline and getting it back into the controller like the LS files. Any Ideas?

I've tried to do it from the teach Pendant in Controlled start and through export to/from loadset. But no luck yet.

As far as I know this cannot be done. The .va files are just a text version (ascii) of the .vr files, to make it easier to look at system variables off-line, or when using the built-in webserver.

It's a one-way system.

Advertising from our partners