KSS01578 "EDIT_GESANA inadmissible"

• Hi, I get the message "KSS01578 EDIT_GESANA inadmissible" every time I try to transfer a program from WorkVisual to my KRC4 Compact. Anyone know what this means? Thanks!

• check for errors, check that you wrote $base and $tool for correct base and tool, check the points, or just upload the SRC and we will try to understand it better and help you.
    also, as PANIC MODE shouts, what is the KRC,KSS,ROBOT models

• The robot is a KR6 R700, the controller is a KRC4 Compact running KSS 8.3.13, and I have WorkVisual V3.1.5_Build12.

The contents of my code doesn't seem to make a difference, as I can upload the base project from the controller and immediately download it again (with a new name) and get the same errors.

I "fixed" the problem by restoring the controller with an archive I had made previously. I can now transfer and activate projects without issues. Moral of the story: always make an archive of your controller in a working condition before you go messing with anything.

• do you have any tech packages installed on the robot (ArcTech, GripperTech, SafeOp...)?
    did you include all KOP files into your WorkVisual? Are they correct versions - matching software versions on controller?
    can you compile correctly on your laptop before deploying?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You have to check the syntax of you $confing.dat file and the i/o signal assignment.
    Errors in the $config.dat are not treated like normal syntax errors like in the robot programs...

For instance

Code
    SIGNAL my_var $IN[100] TO $IN[243]

will generate this error because you are assigning 143 bits to a variable

also syntax errors in $config.dat may trigger the error, here a bracket is missing:

Code
    SIGNAL my_var $IN[100] TO $IN115]

Edited once, last by diglo ().

• I have the same issue right now. How i can solve it? This issue comes out with the creation of the variable, but now there is not variable like SIGNAL my_var $IN[100] TO $IN[243]..

• this is generic message and can have many causes. code sample or declaration of offending variable would be helpful

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners