strange safety error

• i have krc4 with kss 8.2.X and KR-120.
    the robot have two safety circut then connected to X11.
    when one of the safety network is disconnected and one is connected, the robot show me grey blank screen, with a man buckle to sear in yellow and the robot is stuck.
    i need to do a restart to the robot, so i can continue work with him.

any suggestion where i need to check? i tried to talk to kuka, but, it's seems that half of the workers are ill at home :frowning_face:

• I think you mentioned the answer of your problem in the description. If one of the safety circuit is not working then try to jumper it. Hmmmm....

Did you try to run the robot in Start-Up Mode? It will help you.

Thanks

• I think you mentioned the answer of your problem in the description. If one of the safety circuit is not working then try to jumper it. Hmmmm....

Did you try to run the robot in Start-Up Mode? It will help you.

Thanks

the problem is i need to restart the robot, insted of confirm the the error.

• It seems like the case of life connection. I think you should start with electrical connections. You can find the related documents in parts and documents CD. You can find their X11 connections and controller internal connections.

• Dear RS,

i putted a shorted X11 circut to bypass the safety circuits.
    still get the message : Safety stop.
    the icon of men buckled is yellow, IP is green, robot icon is in red.
    the only why to reset the problem is turn off the robot and then turn it back on.
    i tried to work with shorted circut. after a few seconds, safety stop :wallbash:

• "the icon of men buckled is yellow, IP is green, robot icon is in red."

...what? That description makes no sense. It looks like a bad Google translation from Chinese to Swahili to English.

No, it makes sense.

Zeev is trying to explain the 3 icons on top of Smartpad (KRC4) when you turn the KeySwitch. I facd few days back similar problem with one of my new KRC4 robots. I was trying to jog it and after few degrees of jog it was entering into safety stop. I started diagnosis step by step.

1). Checked all the X-11 connections.
    2). Checked all the connections inside the controller.
    2). Tried reconfigure Safety configurations.
    3). Reloaded the base project from WorkVisual and tried configuration again.
    4). Then with one of my colleague, I checked the 24 VDC voltage on the controller and drives. The voltage was dropping after few seconds of jogging the axes. So, the KPS (Power Supply) was faulty.

Now, I hve few questions to you Zeev:
    1). Are you trying to jog the robot? Is it able to move or simply doesn't allow you to do so.
    2). Did you try Start-up mode operation?
    3). Do you see any other alarm message other than Safety Stop?
    4). Could you post some screenshot of the alarm window?

I would suggest to go step by step and try some out of the box methods to find the problem. :hmmm:

Thanks

• Sounds like your contacts you wired into robot safety circuit is not fast enough (both contacts must switch at the same time or within tight time limit), you get cross channel fault and safety locks out until you reboot. Check download section for X11 wiring examples for KRC4.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• i tried it also with x11 shorted bridge, same error, smart pad is stuck and i need to reboot the robot.
    i can't upload any picutre :frowning_face: hope this site will empty it's upload folder :hmmm:

the only think i can think off, is that i repleced recently the battries, with 12v 5ah insted of 12v 5.2ah,
    kuka approved the change.

i standing near the robot, with gallon of gaseline maybe it will behave nicly now :love029:

• the two other messages are battery disconncted, i asked the pepole to dissconnect the battery for testing.
    and smartpad connection, i conncted a smartpad to the robot.

• Looking at the picture it seems like the Smartpad is loosing connection with the Robot Interface. Did you try to check the ethercat connections coming to the controller? These ethercat connectors are really a pain. They get loose if not properly inserted.

Also, check the connectors on SIB card.

Thanks

• got answer from kuka 1880Euro for new SIB with fueses bridges, etc.....
    don't understand why they put fueses if it's not defending the SIB board :hmmm:

• It is little bit tricky with DC voltage circuit if you ask me. A minor surge can blow off your electronic devices without even a blink to the protections you have. The best way to deal with electronics is to have proper earthing with lowest possible earthing resistance.

I would recommend you to check again the earthing on the controller with proper earth tester. Earthing is the most important parameter in the industry and most neglected as well. :wallbash:

Thanks

• got answer from kuka 1880Euro for new SIB with fueses bridges, etc.....
    don't understand why they put fueses if it's not defending the SIB board :hmmm:

really? fuses are for overcurrent protection and nothing else. overcurrent is not the only reason for failure, there is also overvoltage, over temperature, over competence of end-user, over whatever...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners