Control group for DX200

• Hello All.

I have a DX200 controller. My problem is I don't define R1+S1+S2 control group.

I already added R1+S1 and R1+S2 but if I try to create R1+S1+S2 group S2 textbox always turning to S1 in the group settings.

Some programs should be sync R1+S1+S2

How it create control group with all external axes?

• Typically, there are only two pieces of hardware in a job. What is your hardware? To get three or more pieces into a job a Yaskawa parameter has to be changed.

If I have a cell with 1 robot and 2 external axes, headstocks, I will have a R1+S1 job to do the application. I will also have a R1+S2 job to do the application on the other headstock. If doing coordinated then they are R1+Sx:Sx, where x is the number of the external axis.

Please describe your hardware, I can come up with plenty of examples as to where I might what three or more. Most are material handling but could be something like a MotoSweep.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Thanks for reply. Our hardware is two positioner. But I don't understand Why I need control groups. It is seems to be useless. I already using KUKA, ABB etc. and if I don't move unnecessary axis it is waiting on a stopped position. What is purpose of control groups? Why I need?

Customer have a standart robot program for all new installations and they are want to syncronized motion of S1+S2 for maintenance work. Another robots running with R1+S1+S2 control group. But my new robot not create control group.

Edited once, last by M.Ozkan ().

• Hi , I'm not very familiar with the DX"200" , however, lookup Independant/ Coordinated control function manual ,
    This discusses Control Groups and their functions, if you are after a synchronised movement between the station and robot , ie. welding speeds between robot and station ,(you can have the station as Master & robot as Slave) you need to understand this Control Group option.
    With the XRC , NX100 , DX100 you would need to enable FD parameter "paid for " Options.
    The Motoman Webb site has the "support " manuals that you can download , the DX200 has a dongle I understand (I avoid them) so Motoman agent will probibly need to be involved with the "200".
    Hope this helps & is not going over known ground.

Advertising from our partners