Calibration of Adept Viper s650

• Hi!
    Our club of production technology received Viper s650 robot recently. Our members are engineer students like myself. We were planning to implement some kind of project with that s650, but it seems that we need to calibrate the robot since the pendant gives us encoder fault for every joint. I would really appreciate if somebody gives us instructions how we should do the calibration.

Thank you in advance!

Tero

• hi i have got 2 second had viper s650 robots the batteries were flat in them so i have replaced them and started to re-calibrate the joints it calibrates ok (cal.c =0) but the rsc data is not saveing in the robot it is coming up with (as seen below) what could be the cause of this thanks
    matt

format of the RSC is different from the one you are trying to program. The commit operation is aborted.

• Hi,

i lost the calibration data of a cobra s600 because oft a bad battery. Is it possible to recalibrate and is there an instruction?

• Okay, I'll join in too! I also have a dead battery in a model s600 and encoder errors on the 3 joints. Omron tells me it will be $425 (USD) for a new battery and $4000 (!!) to recalibrate. Is this possible as a "DIY" project ? I have the ACE software, but do not see anything in there to recalibrate - am I missing something, or is other software (or utility, or...) necessary for calibration?

ANY insight appreciated.

shindog

• You need to run some commands to calibrate the robot after you connect and go online with it.

Usually there are two calibrations needed for cobra robot: rough cal and fine cal. You can do rough cal by typing the command. But you do need a set of special jig to do the fine cal.

• You need to run some commands to calibrate the robot after you connect and go online with it.

Usually there are two calibrations needed for cobra robot: rough cal and fine cal. You can do rough cal by typing the command. But you do need a set of special jig to do the fine cal.

Thank you so much for your reply ! I have a quick question if you don't mind. When I tried to rough calibrate, I got overflow alarms from every encoder ( I've checked the encoder readings they are indeed very big ), so I wanted to clear the encoder data first. And from a pdf named "Instructions for Adept Utility Programs" I've found a utility called "ABS_ENC.V2", which can be used to clear encoder error/alarm. But this only works for AdeptVicron robot, not for AdeptViper. I couldn't find other utilities that do the same job for the Viper robot. I'd like to ask what utility you use to clear encoder error/alarms ? Thanks again!

• Thank you so much for your reply ! I have a quick question if you don't mind. When I tried to rough calibrate, I got overflow alarms from every encoder ( I've checked the encoder readings they are indeed very big ), so I wanted to clear the encoder data first. And from a pdf named "Instructions for Adept Utility Programs" I've found a utility called "ABS_ENC.V2", which can be used to clear encoder error/alarm. But this only works for AdeptVicron robot, not for AdeptViper. I couldn't find other utilities that do the same job for the Viper robot. I'd like to ask what utility you use to clear encoder error/alarms ? Thanks again!

Do you solve the problem of calibration? I need calibrate a Viper S650 but no chances.

• To clear the encoder errors, it has to be done with the utility RSC_SET.

If the controller is a EX, this utility can be found in the UTIL folder, but a license that depends on the serial number of the SD card is required.

If the controller is a CX, then you may check if the utility is the UTIL folder. If not, it should be supplied by the Omron service office.

Advertising from our partners