polishing sink oval

• dear all,

i have a diffucelt question (trying to motivate the experts here)
    i want to polish an oval marble sink.
    i calculated the movement, by splitting the edge of the oval sink and mid point into two arc.
    then i moving along the angle from 0-360.
    which works for me.
    can be view the process here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpobzqI7tSQ

but i need now to deal with the a,b,c that will be in offset of 20deg to the surface i going:
    an example of what i need to achived is here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76tcOgVqjs
    this was done by teaching the points and moving along them.
    i want to do all the math with calculated points.

tried to figure it out with geometric opreator, with no success :wallbash:

the code as follow:

but i getting:
    midpoint.z a b c value invalid

when i try to look the midpoint values
    i getting only x and y values

what i doing wrong?

• This might be to easy, but where are you defining "z" for midpoint? it seems to me something is going wrong there and that also doing something to the "a,b and c" values ???

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• why are you using FOR loop and hundreds of CIRC segments? why not just single CIRC using two points and CA 360?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• CA stands for circ angle and tells you how many degrees you need to make with your programmed circ. Check your documentation on CIRC programming: You can either teach your circ end position or you can use CA angle if you're teached end position is on your circ but does not correspond to your desired angle.

Fubini

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• i can live with the 360 times.
    but how i make the tool orinated to the surface, in some deg?
    i need to polish the sink with the end of the polish tool, while looking at the other end not to touch the surface.
    i don't know even how to start it, since i know the robot can go in x,y,z , but i will make him change correctly his angle?

i uploaded two video that showing the one i have and the desired one.

• you can use:
    $CIRC_TYPE = #PATH

as long as
    $ORI_TYPE is not #JOINT

the other way is to compute orientation yourself as you are moving around oval

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• the sink is part of the whole surface.
    it's not a marble , but an industrial marbel, which you cast into a template.
    after it's dry out, you need to polish from 100grid paper to 600grid (extra fine) paper.

the problem is more complex then you think.
    since it's casted marble, there are diffrent heights up to 1cm, while there is a thick cover of 2mm on the top of the marble.
    it's a very complex software.

but i think i will do something else, i will take aurdino board , connect to it a kinect which have camera and depth. get geomatric data of the sink, and using Euler equastion, i calculate the polish offset.

hope it will work for me :smiling_face:

• Hi. I think ure not using a proper tool using a band sand u will get tangential positions all over ur path itll be much easier to generate a code

Do what you think but think what yo re going to do...

• band sand will do the same problem as the tool i have now.
    i using band sand to polish square sinks. and it's working great :icon_smile:

the kinect is rough resultion, i agree with that, but in a perfect world, i would have a 3d laser maserment, and the robot move by cad program.
    but in the real world, the customer nor the boss want to pay any extra cent, deal with what you have, they say, you have also additional budget of 250$.
    i think i will use it to buy a ferrari (remote control ferrari).

Advertising from our partners