PRIO-230 Ethernet/Ip Error

• Hi, First let me introduce myself my name is hugo galarza, i´m from mexico and im new in all of this industrial robots topic.

Recently i started working with fanuc robots in my job. Im working with a "LRmate200iC" robot with a "R30iAMate" Controller. The robot is sharing data with a PLC Allen Bradley L27ERM-QBFC1B, by the TCP/IP protocol with ethernet wire. When i finished the configuration of the protocol, a message appeared in the teach pendant display; "PRIO-230 Ethener/Ip Adapter Error". the most weird of all of this is when I entered to I/O display, into the section of UOP signals, all of signals had a weird behavior. They turn on and off when they should not do.

example:
    I have the controller in mode T1 and i´m not running a program but the signal of program running is "ON"

When i start running a program, the signal turn on and off intermittently

and this happens with many signals such as " CMD enable", "Busy","Fault, "Snack", "Battery".

Can anybody help me in this situation?
    What do i need to do?
    How Can i Fix this problem?

• if i were the betting sort i would put money on the problem being the header bits. if you have 8 input signals you want to revive from the device the connection will have a minimum of 1 input word. the word is configurable from 8 bit to 16bit in the advanced settings tab of the scanner page. (if the robot is the scanner) i would expect that the robot is the adapter in your case so your io setup screen would probably look like this:

Adapter configuration:

Description: connection1
    Input size (words) : 2
    Output size (words) : 2
    Alarm Severity : WARN

Scanner IP : **************
    API O=>T :
    API T=>O :

if the connection is up and running the ip address of the plc will be displayed.

the input and output size is dependent on your setup, but they must match between the adapter and the scanner. what i susepect you have is the following example

Input words = 2 16bit
    Rack: 89
    Slot: 1
    Start: 1

0.0 0.F 1.0 1.F
    |**************| |**************|
    |*UIs***|

this works great, but most likely your first word does not contain any data, only communication overhead bits. try instead something like this

Input words = 2 16bit
    Rack: 89
    Slot: 1
    Start: 17

0.0 0.F 1.0 1.F
    |**************| |**************|
    |*UIs***|

obviously your setup is probably different than this, but the random bits that toggle themselves is often improperly mapped bits either in the IO setup or in the Ethernet setup.

fanuc has a manual on ethernet iP setup for allen bradley plcs that showes you how to set it up as a generic CIP object. MAROC77EN01101E

• If i mapping the starting point of my digital I/O in 1 and also my UOP is in starting point 1, it can create a conflict between the diferent signals?

• thanks duhbcakes

the cause of the problem is that i was mapping the I/O signals in the same starting point, and that create a conflict between them, thanks for the help. But i dont understand very well yet the header bits, i have 4 words i/o and in the plc they have the same size, still the ethernet/ip adapter error is displayed on the screen, but this doesn´t make a trouble with the programs i have.

• Not all devices require any header bits. a few field modules do, for example the Turk field BL20EIP blocks require 32 bits for communication and anything after that (starting on bit 33) would be the IO carried by the signal. The PRIO-230 error normally means something is setup wrong on the EthernetIP page. if you have any unused connections that you were fooling around with while trying to get this to work make sure you set them to FALSE. otherwise the robot will continue to broadcast on the network to try and establish the connections.

another tip about the setup page:

OFFLINE - connection is set to FALSE
    ONLINE - connection is set to TRUE but there is not communicating properly
    RUNNING - connection is set to TRUE and communicating properly
    <RUNNING> - connection is set to TRUE and communicating properly. with the auto reconnect option enabled. (advanced tab in the config)

Advertising from our partners