IRB1500 S3 - 509 SYNC ERROR 2101 - 538 SAFETY STOP

• I got the manual from our neighbors :icon_smile: , but i cant robot start jogging to do syncronization. Only error is "509 SYNC ERROR 2101" and after some surfing on menu gives "communication error". Robot is IRB1500 S3E M92. Welding equipment is not connected (wire feeder I/O is broken down and new robot was arrived for replacing). Setup includes 2 external axes. All cables is connected (except for welding).

can anyone give me a hint where to look for?

• 509 SYNC ERROR 2101 - Axis 1 rev counter fault in my manual.

Unless there are other faults, you should be able to get arm power on and jog the robot with the joystick.

Move it to line up the calibration marks on each joint working from the base (axis 1) through to axis 6.

Then you need to zero the rev counters by MAN, SCAN, PARAM, RESOLVE, SYNCOFF you should get to A1 RESOLVE which you should press NEXT until you see A1 COUNT, press UPDATE to zero the counter, repeat for A2, A3 etc. until you have done all axes, then press BREAK and the robot will re-boot. You should be able to synchronise now.

• Problem is that i cant move robot. All led's are green on boards (no faults). If i select "maual" on programming unit and press the "dead man button" nothing happens. Selector switch on electrical cabinet is "Teach" position and "Motor OFF/Standby" light is on and not let to turn on motors. Is it possible that there is problem with "RUN CHAIN"? Is Led´s on board DSQC252 must be ON for closed chains(EM, LIM, AS, GS and RUN). DC and EN LED´s are on.

Error list shows 514 COMMUNICATION ERROR. RBMODE is local. manual wrting this is for robots with computer link only?

Edited once, last by sakusass ().

• If you hold "dead man's handle" on then press "motors on" button, does it try to put arm power on but then drop out again? (you would hear or see arm power contactor (relay) go in/out)

Can you attach a picture of the rack/DSQC252 board?.

• Following RoboWelds great advice, if you don't hear the contactors when you press 'Motors On' while holding in the deadman, then check the the "Plug C" jumpers in the S3E cabinet. Sorry I don't have notes for Plug C though. If you have a standard large M92 cabinet, then B12.X1 terminal block inside the cabinet should have jumpers on A1-B1, A2-B2, A3-B3, A4-B4.

• Skooter, if it's an IRB1500 S3E M92 with 2 external axes, there's a good chance it's a "small" cabinet fitted with an SDB? (Signal Distribution Board) which sometimes isn't the easiest thing to get working on a 2nd or 3rd user system (been there, done that) :icon_smile:

Luckily I still have all my wiring info for the S3E equipment so should be able to help once the OP gives us a bit more info

• I allready tried the dead mans + motor on button but nothing happened. This is small cabinet. I have looked inside electrical cabinet and reading manuals some days and trying to find some life or changes but nothing ..... and now after viewing pictures looks like EM and GS leds ar on .... but i think its because of light of camera(EN and DC is on). I check it tomorro morning. Only electrical drawing i have is probably belongs different machine.

• You seem to have a "fully loaded" system there, it is fitted for welding, external axis control, operator stations and lightguards!. I've attached some drawings that should help. I do have most of the S3E drawings but would have to scan them one by one then they would be too large to upload (I don't have any form of hosting site)

• I checked today and only DC and EN leds are on(dsqc252). Are these (LIM- limit switches, EM - emergency stop) must light up when sircuit is closed? its dubious that all these are off ... Some chain must be ok.

• I got arm moving ... The schematic which I got here showed that in the wirefeeder are three security chains. After getting broken wirefeeder from previous owner and connecting it (eliminates Internal and external EM stop and i am connecting these also in electrical cabinet later) and one chain(security chain from wirefeeder) connecting inside electrical cabinet, its began to work. I got a arm synchronized. Now looking how to get external axes moving.

Thankyou for help and scematics

• Its the 2 separate tables(table: MTA 160) version with ligt barriers. i hawe tried configure 8 and 9 axes but i got error "572 ERROR/MEASURE SYSTEM AXES 8-12 920" . i have read from manual that somewehre is magic place wehre i can chance encoder type for external axes?

• You need to activate the external axes to use them.

Set output 11 to bring in KM1 (Axis 8), input 11 should go high (on)

OR

Set output 12 to bring in KM2 (Axis 9), input 12 should go high (on)

Do NOT try to set both outputs together, always reset one before setting the other, I can post some simple control programs to do the above if needed?.

• Normally use program 10 for side 1 and program 20 for side 2

Program 10 – Activate side 1 (Axis :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

10 (*ACTIVATE SIDE 1*)
    20 RESET OUTP 12
    30 WAIT INP 12=0 MAX 2 SEC
    40 JUMP TO 90 IF INP 12=1
    50 SET OUTP 11
    60 WAIT INP11=1 MAX 2 SEC
    70 JUMP TO 110 IF INP 11=0
    80 RETURN
    90 STOP (*SIDE 2 NOT DEACTIV*)
    100 JUMP TO 20
    110 STOP (*SIDE 1 NOT ACTIVE*)
    120 JUMP TO 50

Program 20 – Activate side 2 (Axis 9)

10 (*ACTIVATE SIDE 2*)
    20 RESET OUTP 11
    30 WAIT INP 11=0 MAX 2 SEC
    40 JUMP TO 90 IF INP 11=1
    50 SET OUTP 12
    60 WAIT INP12=1 MAX 2 SEC
    70 JUMP TO 110 IF INP 12=0
    80 RETURN
    90 STOP (*SIDE 1 NOT DEACTIV*)
    100 JUMP TO 20
    110 STOP (*SIDE 2 NOT ACTIVE*)
    120 JUMP TO 50

• Found the M92 IRB1500 Service Manual in our archives and uploaded it to georgetsag's old request for a manual. It also has some 160 positioner info with it.

I've got most of the manuals for S2 & S3 systems, but they're all hard copy so I have scan each page to upload or e-mail :icon_frown:

Advertising from our partners