Changing control group R1 to R1+S1 afterwards

• Is it possible to change wrongly set control group from R1 to R1+S1? I forgot to include external axis. Too much waste of time if needed to create a new program and start again. :wallbash:

Controller is NX100.

One solution might be to use PC text editor and edit .JBI file. By that way I could add missing positions for welding positioner axis I suppose :help:

• Short answer No.

Long answer, if you look at the jobs off line you will see the MOVx has a Cxyz just after. You don't see this on the pendant. This refers to the position data in the job header (above NOP). You would have to add the external axis move address, create the addresses and change the line that says how many steps the job has to include the external axis. It can be done, but it's not for the faint of heart. If you get it wrong you can lock up your system and have to initialize and start over. If you have to do this backup, backup, backup.

Robodoc

• Ok. Thank you for your comments.

Before editing job file I have checked a program with correct control group setup as sample. After comparison of the files I have edited following lines.

1) Added position count for external axis.

Code
    ///NPOS 139,0,139,0,0,0

2) Added position data for external axis. Zero position in this case.

Code
    EC00000=0
    EC00001=0
    EC00002=0
    EC00003=0
    EC00137=0
    EC00138=0

3) Added parameter ST1.

Code
    ///GROUP1 RB1,ST1

4) Added external axis position parameter (EC00xxx) for every MOVJ and MOVL command line

Code
    MOVJ C00002 EC00002 VJ=20.00
    MOVL C00003 EC00003 V=8.0

Should be OK now? How do I take complete system backup to CF?

By the way is there any one who could test the program syntax with some Motoman off-line programming software? Please send msg.

Advertising from our partners